|Home||Forums||Tech Library||Magazine||Video Gallery||Truck Gallery||Shirts & Decals||TRS Fab & Off-Road|
Generation II Ford Ranger Headlamp Repair
Original Poster: MagnaV30
Difficulty: 1 out of 10
Time to Repair: 1 - 2 Hours (mostly spent on lens removal)
Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the installer, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you have questions, feel free to PM the original poster or ask in the appropriate section of The Ranger Station.com forums.
/ Screwdriver / other small pry tool
So, lets fix that shall we?
Okay, so we must separate the Refractor from the reflector.
Some may have done this by baking in the oven, however, on the gen 2 the entire headlamp assembly is constructed of plastic for the reflector and polycarbonate for the refractor. Not feeling the need to end up with a bubbled shapeless mass, I simply used and infinite (or infinite small) amount of patience, and pried the components apart.
Well, There's your problem!
Chipping off the "sealant"
Might as well polish the lens while you have it off.
Now, fill the nice convenient channel with sealant, I used a polyurethane produced by DAP available at most hardware stores.
And now put humpty dumpty back together again.
Now use some tape to exert some clamping force for the curing of the sealant.
I rate this project with a difficulty of "Very little blood loss"