Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > CHKNFKR

Notices

Conversation Between CHKNFKR and ranger_mclaren
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. CHKNFKR
    05-11-2011 05:36 PM
    CHKNFKR
    Hopefully when she's done with school it will make a bit if a difference every friday...

You sir are.correct about health/vision/dental/life insurance, however right now i have none of them. The tax question is a little more difficult to answer. State side i've always paid federal tax, fica, and life insurance, over seas all i payed was fica. Now i get slammed! Also i think my cost of living has gone up 10x now that i'm out. No more free food, free laundry, free roof over my head, free power, free gas, etc....

The crappy part though is i'm taking a loss before you factor all that in. Its definately changed how i live.
  2. ranger_mclaren
    05-10-2011 11:23 PM
    ranger_mclaren
    I'm Good still working my ass off too, my wife went down in days at work so she can go back to school. So money is going to be tight for a year or so till school is up. i had a lot of plans for our focus and getting a new ranger in oct. When the focus is gonna be paid off. But all is on hold till we see what our budget is gonna look like. When you was working for uncle sam you probly wasn't paying for health and life insurence. Did you still pay taxes?
  3. CHKNFKR
    05-10-2011 07:41 PM
    CHKNFKR
    Im still lingering around, just a bit less active than i once was. I've been working quite a.bit of overtime with the new job lately. Its all sorts of catch 22, oxymoron, and irony wrapped into one. My boss has full faith and confidence in my avility to do my job without being babysat so my probationary status has been pulled prematurely. As he says i'll work you to death but i'll also pay you to death. I wish that were true. When i was active duty i figured up my "hourly wage" to be around $2.43/hour and thats not factoring in time and a half for overtime. The new job pays $13/hour and i get overtime, yet i still make half what i did working for uncle sam....

I figure after the wedding (july 23rd) things will start to slow down and i just might give y'all some updates.

Hows life treating you?
  4. ranger_mclaren
    05-10-2011 03:47 AM
    ranger_mclaren
    how life man, don't see ya around much any more. Where ya been.