• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Double R...

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't do it again. Doesn't hold up. You can google how to do it like I did.
If you hit with a clean it prob would have been better

Stang5lgt

Four X Ford
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you hit with a clean it prob would have been better
LMAO I thought it was supposed to be a roll on paint job what is the point of rolling if you have to spray clear at the end. Hahaha your killing me. :D

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
LMAO I thought it was supposed to be a roll on paint job what is the point of rolling if you have to spray clear at the end. Hahaha your killing me. :D
Well if you can find roll on clear your in the uhh "clear" ha

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
Picked up Project Mayhem yesterday. Turbo 2.3 60mm turbo, 60lbs injectors, intercooled. Put down 367hp at the wheels on the dyno. Getting 4x4 conversion and solid axle swap.... :D
Dang that should be sweet, that's a lot of power for a 2.3!

koa's93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't do it again. Doesn't hold up. You can google how to do it like I did.
I've read all the how to articles I could find. Just wasn't sure if you did it the same way with the sanding and stuff. I was hoping that rolling it would be more durable. Thanks for the heads up of it not holding up. Gotta find another way I guess

merch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
Petersons 4wheel magazine had an old article on rollon bed liner applied to the body,dont know if you can research it but maybe it will be on thier website somewhere

koa's93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Petersons 4wheel magazine had an old article on rollon bed liner applied to the body,dont know if you can research it but maybe it will be on thier website somewhere
I've done that to my rocker panel on my old yotas. Durable but not very clean looking for an entire body. Plus, it fades. Had to constantly keep a fresh layer of gloss black on it

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Are you sure about that 367hp? I know a thing or two about 2.3's and Im not seeing that kinda power there. Did he mean 267?

merch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
I picked up on that too,but I figured it was typo

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
I picked up on that too,but I figured it was typo
A buddy of mine has a naturally asp. 2.3 pushing 220hp. Ive also seen a fb page of a company that builds 2.3s to go 8 sec 1/4 miles. So it is possible.

kiehn18

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Are you sure about that 367hp? I know a thing or two about 2.3's and Im not seeing that kinda power there. Did he mean 267?
Easy to get 400 plus horse out of a 2.3l, i just happen to have 2 of them in my garage :yahoo::icon_cheers:

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Easy to get 400 plus horse out of a 2.3l, i just happen to have 2 of them in my garage :yahoo::icon_cheers:
Check my sig...... I have been building 2.3t motors for over 10 years and most guys that have a "400hp" 2.3t are usually shocked to find out they really only make 250-300 once they put em on a dyno.

Im a Mod on TurboFord.org so I know there are some powerful and fast 2.3's out there,not saying its not possible. Im just saying for the motor in the pic to make around 400 flywheel horsepower I would expect a aluminum head or at least a complete BoPort top end and a aftermarket ECM. If there is still a VAM on the inlet of that turbo I would trim a 100hp off that claim at least.

All that said should be a cool build but there is no way I would want a 2.3t for off roading.Not exactly a power house of a motor when out of boost.

merch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Automatic
I had a turbo 2.3 in my 2wd,but for off road I cant see having a turbo over a supercharger.ready horse power is mo better than waiting on the spool up.in my oppinion but to each his own ,im not judging what works

kiehn18

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Check my sig...... I have been building 2.3t motors for over 10 years and most guys that have a "400hp" 2.3t are usually shocked to find out they really only make 250-300 once they put em on a dyno.

Im a Mod on TurboFord.org so I know there are some powerful and fast 2.3's out there,not saying its not possible. Im just saying for the motor in the pic to make around 400 flywheel horsepower I would expect a aluminum head or at least a complete BoPort top end and a aftermarket ECM. If there is still a VAM on the inlet of that turbo I would trim a 100hp off that claim at least.

All that said should be a cool build but there is no way I would want a 2.3t for off roading.Not exactly a power house of a motor when out of boost.
No doubt, i was just pointing out that it can be done! Now bthat i have spent the last 2 hours reading your build threads, amazing!:icon_surprised:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals