• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

stroked 347 302 short block

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
the pistons are notched flat tops, and .50 bigger than the original stock 302 pistons and they are nodular not forged like I prefer to have. yeah I know heavier but also stronger and longer lasting IMHO.

originalnitro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Check out sbftech.com alot of good tech info on big HP sbf's if you haven't already.
Good luck with the build.

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
and pics are on the way just I am on dial up and takes for ever to upload them. but have them on my comp now.

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
got my pics up there

Last edited:

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
Baah after looking at my engine today saw its not stroked needs machining, but it is bored .030 over I thought it was .050 over wich is fine by me, and has a B-303 cam.
well that changes things fer me, kinda sucks was really wanting a stroke r but oh well "to much to have it machined "I can still get more than 300 whp, so gonna lower my goal a bit and redo this with some gt-40 heads, new crank pistons,etc and repaint it to look cool. looking at kits now to see what I am looking at from this stand point.

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
ok today I am gonna strip the blocks paint job back down to bare metal, thinking of painting it a deep black with blood red heads, with chrome covers and looms with anodized blue accessories. any1 have some ideas on some color schemes, they think would be pretty please let me know, all idea's are welcome I am going GT-40 heads best deal for the money I can get them both for under 500 bucks, already ported, is 275 bucks per ported GT-40 head worth it? includes standard shipping.

Last edited:

originalnitro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
should have no prob. reaching 300rwhp with ported GT-40 heads.I think the B303 cam will keep from reaching that goal.B303 is the smallest of the letter cam.

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
aye

yea I saw that and am going to change it I want something a bit more ballsy, not really sure yet what I will get, Just know I am geting rid of that cam it wont hold up under the stress I will put it through for very long. please any idea is appreciated.

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
wanna reach 350 Hp easy maybe as high as 420 hp.

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
woot found my heads got me some 351 cleveland heads getting them ported and new valves got the heads for 50 bucks our of an old ford in a guys pasture lol, and I now have Z-303 cam forged roush pistons with a .030 over bore, with clevite pro comp main bearings, my next step is getting my Lunnatti forged roller rockers, and 1.7 mm stainless steel push rods feral-mogul's,an MSD or Mallory ignition wich ever is the better deal,and a new intake, not sure on my intake yet havent decided and for the sound going with hooker comp headers with dumps and a borla cat back, that should get me at least 350 rwhp fairly easily, and have some new pics of the work that has been done so far still have a ways to go yet.

Mafusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
chevy
Engine Size
383 ci 425+ bhp.
Transmission
Automatic
damn I knew I forgot something my b4 pics of my heads and now they are'nt here at my house at the moment getting them remachine'd and ported out and new valves put in,but have the pics of my after on the top 1/2 my engine with the new pistons and lifters.but the heads wont be polished and shiny so I guess I could still take a b4 pic b4 I polish them.and then after wards. wich cam is the better of the two the z-303 or the X-303? the X was 199.00 and the Z-303 I got was 110 with shipping included, did I get a fair deal on my cam? I am just now getting back into building Fords so not to sure whats what anymore. lol

NastyZ06

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to dissapointed you but you aren't gonna make 350hp with a 306. Unless you are talking engine HP. If you go with some nice heads, a descent cam and intake you may not even make 300rwhp. If you want good power I would go with the trickflow topend kit. Or Nice trickflow heads, trickflow stage 1 cam and an edelbrock performer or rpm II intake, 75mm TB and a 90mm lightning maf would put you right around 300-310 HP to the wheels and about 320rwtq. Which is not to shabby.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals