• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 08RangerXLT

1. Semi or Full Synthetic

penzoil is about the worst oil you can buy, leaves a lot of sludge build up
  2. 2008 2.3 ranger.

mine has a/c, two fans
  3. 2008 2.3 ranger.

the new trucks or at least my 08 have both a belt driven fan and an electric fan. I assume the electric driven fan is to help cool the engine during extreme temperatures with a/c use.
  4. Best mpg

I switch to amsoil last oil change and have not seen a noticeable difference in fuel mileage.
  5. Best mpg

Yea the E10 is a mandate her in Oregon I think its BS personally. IM gonna service my truck and switch to Amsoil syth this weekend and see if it changes anything. I will keep you guys posted
  6. 3.73 or 4.10 rears?

my 08 ranger standard cab 2wd 5 speed consistantly gets 28+ mpg at 70 mph with the 3.73 gears and thats with the 10% ethanol blend in our gas here in Oregon
  7. Best mpg

I suppose I could step on the loud pedal and change the resistance of the potentiometer to increase the amount of fuel delivered to the combustion chamber, but I want good fuel economy. Im going to start using Amsoil 5w20 and a Wix oil filter and see if that changes my mpg numbers. Double...
  8. New 2.3

my 2.3 has good power for 4 cylinder and averages about 28 mpg:icon_thumby:
  9. Best mpg

The part# for the Green filter is 2014, although green didnt have it in stock so they gave me the number for a distributer that has one. Talking with the parts guy at the ford dealership, he put a green and a K&N in his WRX and didnt notice a difference between the two, he did say the service...
  10. Best mpg

it came frome the factory with motorcraft synthetic blend. Im gonna switch to full synthetic.
  11. Best mpg

hey everybody, Im trying to get the best fuel milage possible with my 2008 2.3 2wd, I have a rediculous commute to work and every +mpg counts. my best mpg was 28.5 or so at 65 mph freeway travel with just over 2000 miles on the truck. I am planning on using amsoil synthetic in the engine when...
  12. Hello from Oregon

Just got a new ranger XLT its pretty sweet, I get upwards of 30 mpg. Looking to improve milage evan more, synthetic oil and maeby a filter hmmm..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad