• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1986ranger

1. 1986ranger

Oil Pump Failure? How? Why? (Pics Inside)

Any idea what could cause this type of failure? Is this a weak point of the pump?
  2. 1986ranger

2.9 Runs With No Oil Pressure?! Is This Possible?

2.9 Runs With No Oil Pressure?! Is This Possible? - Resolved In the process of troubleshooting a truck(history unknown) I just got I decided to run some cleaner through the oil. I drained the oil and changed the filter. I filled truck with new oil and cleaner. I ran it for 15 minutes and went...
  3. 1986ranger

Can Someone Please Explain Timing?

OK, I am troubleshooting a truck and ran into something I don't understand. I understand when you pull the SPOUT it is locked at base timing. So with the timing light connected to the number one plug wire, the timing pointer on the balancer should be at the 10* mark. In an attempt to see if the...
  4. 1986ranger

87 2.9 Won't Get Past 2500 RPM

87 2.9 Won't Get Past 2500 RPM - Resolved! OK, I got a new (to me) 87 2.9 that does not run right but I don't have much history on it. It will not rev up past 2500 RPM. It seems to idle OK. Manifold vacuum is about 17 in Hg at idle. The higher the engine is revved up, the vacuum drops but...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad