• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 40410

1. 40410

Wet Okole and new radio in '01 upgrade

It was time to upgrade things in my interior of my '01 Ranger (Edge) 4x4. I didn't like the Edge rubber bottom of my interior at the time when I bought my truck back in '03, but over time I've grown to like the ease of which it can be cleaned with spills, dogs, trash, etc., SO, I wanted to...
  2. 40410

Wet Okole heater switch fuse locations?

I'm getting some Wet Okole custom seat covers with seat heaters dor my '01 Ranger and supposedly the heaters each need their power supply. I was going to put some switches in a filler panel by the air bag rectangular hole and then run some power back out to the fuse panel by the driver door...
  3. 40410

Dash Switch panel in rectangular dash hole?

I know I saw this on someone's truck, but I saw a switch panel on a Ranger that is at the bottom of the dash in the center over the transmission hump. My '01 is an Edge and down at bottom of my dash center is just a large 4x2" rectangular hole by the airbag on/off light. It is deep and I just...
  4. 40410

Just cleaned MAF - WOW!

I have an '01 Ranger with the 4.0 (66K) and it has a Granatelli MAF. It has been on my truck for a little over 50K now. My truck was stumbling sometimes, especially after being hot and it would nearly die. So, I spent $8 for a can of MAF cleaner, took my MAF off, cleaned it, reinstalled it...
  5. 40410

2003 XLT 4x4 5spd w/67k value?

My neighbor has this truck and he's thinking of selling it. I'm thinking of buying it to flip it. Anyone know a real value on a one owner non-smoker 2003 Ranger XLT extended cab 5-spd with 4.0 and 4x4 and only 67K? Never wrecked - no rust. Has A/C, PS, PB & 6disc radio. I thought at least...
  6. 40410

Let's see your 1st RANGER! Scary pic alert!

Let's see your first Ranger! I'm an "Oldfart" so my first Ranger was really a 1978 Ranger F150 4x4...back in the day when they were BIG...and at 50K you sold them because they were going to start falling apart. But, in 1978 4x4 modified pickups were the cool thing to do! I wouldn't be caught...
  7. 40410

How to sell my AK-74

I had the same concerns, and I took my HK91 to a gun show and sold mine right there. Local gun shows are fairly common and often, about every 6-8 weeks it seems. You don't have to have a license to sell. I just paid a small table fee and split it with a buddy of mine that also had some guns...
  8. 40410

CRUISE CONTROL 4.0 attaches at throttle

Anyone had luck repairing the plastic clip on a cruise control cable (2001 4.0) where it attaches to the throttle body? Its just a simple plastic part where it attached to the throttle body is broken and won't stay attached to the arm. Ford did some service work and broke it, and of course...
  9. 40410

AAARGH! Timing chain woes & Mobil 1

Well, I took my truck into the FORD shop last Wednesday for timing chain issues on my 2001 4.0 SOHC with only 66K. It's now Monday eve and I'm trying to hang in there. At my last phone call to FORD tonite, they said "They were wrapping it up and want to QC it tomorrow, should be done by noon"...
  10. 40410

TIMING CHAIN??? Lotsa timng noise

I thought it was bad gas causing my truck to knock & clatter, but I've done all kinds of gas cleaners and octane additives, PLUS I put my chip setting back to factory stock. All with no help with the noise & clatter. Its now loud, mostly coming from the right side of the engine (when I roll...
  11. 40410

BAD Gas in WASHINGTON state? Anyone else?

Anyone else getting a rash of bad gas here in WA state? I know they put in ethanol, but I run premium 92 octane gas and my truck clatters and knocks BADLY now. I"ll put some gas additive in and it goes away, but this is the worst it has been. I run a chip program so I can use the 92 octane...
  12. 40410

Goodyear FORTERA HLs ???

Anyone had any experience with the Goodyear Forteras? I currently run Goodyear RSA and they look & perform great but they are $400 a pop (no tax or mtg!)! I stopped in at a local tire store and they had these 265/50R20s for only $165 ea. Sounds cheap! They are supposed to last 60K and have...
  13. 40410

New here from scenic Washington!

HELLO! I'm new here but not new to Ranger forums. I used to be on the GE site for many years. I enjoy having a site to help out on and also ask questions. I've had my truck since 2003 and did lots of mods at that time but I haven't done much since except drive it. Its still a looker and I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad