• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 5.0gray90'

1. 5.0gray90'

Truck vibrating above 60 mph

my 01 4x4 ranger has an annoying vibration when cruising on the interstate. its almost as if im driving on a rumble strip. it doesnt feel like a wheel/tire issue, more like a drive shaft out of balance or something. i was planning on getting a different rear driveshaft from the local salvage...
  2. 5.0gray90'

Explorer puddle lamp mirrors?

has anyone put explorer mirrors on their truck yet? i was at the junkyard today and saw a pair with the puddle lamps and made me wonder if the mirrors match up.
  3. 5.0gray90'

Timing chain?

i can hear a noise when my truck is running, its not a knock or anything major i dont think, but you can only really hear it under the truck. almost sounds like the exhaust. is this the rear timing chain making noise or something else?
  4. 5.0gray90'

Backup lights coming on briefly, then going off

The backup lights in my truck come on when i put it in reverse, but then go off after a second. anybody have an idea?
  5. 5.0gray90'

Piston came out of the caliper

tonight i pulled the front calipers and rotors off to get the rotors turned and put new pads on.. while i had it all apart, my friend decided to go in the cab and pump the brake pedal which resulted in the piston being pushed out of the caliper. One on each side did this. i got them back in, but...
  6. 5.0gray90'

Blower only works on high

the blower in my 01 ranger only works on high. i took the switch apart and it looked fine. doesnt work on 1-3, but it will work all the way turned to the right. anyone have an idea?
  7. 5.0gray90'

Brakes soft, pedal goes all the way to the floor. 2001 4.0L

The brakes in my 2001 4.0L 4x4 ranger are soft and the pedal goes all the way to the floor when braking. it stops, but it doesnt stop like it should. Has anyone had this problem, or know any solutions. I cant see any brake fluid leaking, the only thing i suspect is a wheel cylinder in the back...
  8. 5.0gray90'

Turn signal/high beam/wiper switch problem??

I just got a 2001 Ranger, has anyone had a problem with the turn signal switch? when i put my brights on, the headlights shut off, and the wipers only work on high. anyone have an idea?? thanks
  9. 5.0gray90'

4x4 won't disengage on 01 Ranger

i just bought a 2001 Ranger 4.0L 4x4 with 162000. Trans was rebuilt at 155000. the truck had been sitting for a couple of months, and when i test drove the truck, it didnt seem like the 4 wheel drive was engaging, but the owner swore it was working. when i went to buy it, it was in 4hi because...
  10. 5.0gray90'

86 2.9L losing power???

i just got my truck running great last week, and on my way home from work a couple nights ago, i left and it ran fine for about a mile and then when i headed out of town and sped up it stumbled and lost power. i floored it, and it sped up fine and then lost power again. i shifted it out of OD...
  11. 5.0gray90'

2.9 exhaust straight through??

i have the cats taken off of my 86 2.9, and i'm thinking of taking the muffler off, would that be bad for it?? i am thinking of just taking the muffler out and welding in a pipe so the exhaust still runs out to the back, just be louder. either that, or i have a "super Turbo" muffler that i...
  12. 5.0gray90'

31x10.5 on a 15x7 rim...

i am planning on getting a set of cragar 342's from jegs. will 31x10.5x15's fit on a 15x7 wheel?? also, will 4" backspacing stick out of the fenders at all?? thanks
  13. 5.0gray90'

2.9L external fuel Pump problems...

i have a loud humming noise comming from under the truck, and i started it and went underneath, and i noticed the noise was comming from the in-line fuel pump on the frame. i felt it, and i think this is what is making the noise. has anyone else had a problem with these fuel pumps?? i just dont...
  14. 5.0gray90'

FX4 wheels on an 86? 265/75 on fx4???

will the FX4 wheels from the newer rangers fit on an 86 4x4?? anyone have any pictures?? also, will a 265/75/16 fit on the FX4 wheels? thanks
  15. 5.0gray90'

86 2.9 humming. Fuel pump????

i have an annoying humming noise on my 86 2.9L. thought it was the power steering pump, so i changed it out, and didnt fix it. i got to looking around, and i think it is the fuel pump. i dont want to replace both of them because that will be too much money. has anyone else had this problem and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad