• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 85beast

1. 85beast

78 Super Cab!

just wanna show off my new toy! 78 super cab 4x4 4 speed, mild built 460, cam, intake, 600cfm holley, ceramic coated headers, 2 and a half with flow master 40s. 4in lift, 35s, soon to be 6in lift and 37s! this truck in unstoppable, fast, and a panty dropping fuel chuggin classic beast! shes a...
  2. 85beast

87 2.3 ranger swap, waste of time and $.

So, my ranger started making "lifter noise" so i just decided to swap the whole engine, $250 with a t-5 attached? snagged that up. when i get home, first thing i do is tear it down and check all the wear points (cam lifters cylinders etc) all looked great! best ive ever seen! so i clean up...
  3. 85beast

2.3 Cam

so, i let my oil get a little low, lifters and valves were making noise for awhile, then one day warming up my truck to go home from work, it starting making noises, more than normal. thought it could be rod, got my stethoscope, no bottom end but A LOT of top end/: its getting worse and worse...
  4. 85beast

mpg rating from you guys

anyone have a 1st Gen ranger 5.0 swap? was wondering what you guys get for gas mileage im torn between a 2.3 turbo or a 5.0, this is my daily and need the mpgs. im gettin 17 mpg with the stock 2.3 4x4 with 30'' tires (3 or 4 inches diameter larger than stock) no lift
  5. 85beast

302/351

curious about intake manifold swaps. gunna take a 351w from a fuel injected bronco into my 302 f100. will the 2 barrel carb intake mani fit on a fuel injected 351 or did they make a different mold for the FI heads?
  6. 85beast

thought this was funny!

7. 85beast

Snow!

its time for a snow run! gotta love double el nina! cold and wet! snowy hills here i come!!!! anyone excited about snow?
  8. 85beast

pulling codes.

87 2.3 4x4. just want to know how to pull codes cuz it spits and sputters at about half throttle accelerating... just trying to diagnosis this issue
  9. 85beast

30x9.5x15

how wide of a rim do i need? cuz i have 32x12.5 on there now and i wanna put my 30 9.5s on.... wanna make sure my rims arent to wide
  10. 85beast

puzzling... very.

i have a 2.3l 4x4 5 speed ranger. i need the driver side motor mount... they do not make a driver side for a 2.3l 4x4. they do for the 2wd, but its 100% different. so tell me. why dont they make a drivers side mount? all the books say N/A as if the truck doesnt even have the damn mount. i called...
  11. 85beast

1987 Ranger 4x4

1987 Ranger 4x4 2.3l 4cyl 5 speed cold air 3in body lift 32x12.5x15 124k 10k behind a motor home. pretty clean 1st gen i think. more pics to come!
  12. 85beast

thought this would be helpful

http://www.redrock4x4.com/tireconversioncalculator.html wouldnt know where they could put it in the sight maybe tech library? very handy when trying to find the right size!
  13. 85beast

not new here. just a new truck!

1987 Ranger reg cab shortbed 2.3l 5 speed push button 4wd with auto hubs. 3in body lift 32x12.5. i feel like this is some type of special model? but im sure its not. but it has 124k miles but 10k 15k miles towed behind a motor home. every vehicle i have is ford, and all are rangers. 1ST GEN...
  14. 85beast

1991 exploder

im looking at a 91 exploder on 35s with 4.11s 10in lift. 4.0.... aprox mpg? cant be to terrible?.?:icon_confused:
  15. 85beast

d28 to d35.

have a few questions: can i use my d28 hubs? and all i have to do is swap the one side that the 3rd member on? do i need to use the d35 drive axles(from gears to wheel)? gunna be starting a swap and just need to know what all i need to get off this rig.... it has auto hubs so im hoping my old...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad