• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86 slo-vo

1. 86 slo-vo

Do I Need A Gun Belt? Answer inside...

I use a wilderness tactical 5 stitch web belt. Have had it over a year now of EDC and has been great. Especially for the price.
  2. 86 slo-vo

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

One shot of any caliber is not guaranteed, nor usually enough to stop a person. Me personally I'm a 9mm guy, back in the day yes 9mm had some problems but these days 9mm,.40 and .45 are on a pretty equal playing field when talking stopping power. Me personally I will take controllability...
  3. 86 slo-vo

I carry a fullsize 5" m&p pro with an x300 attached here and there, just depends which job I'm at and how I'm feeling. The right holster makes a huge difference in how it carries.
  4. 86 slo-vo

I would recomend against a 1911 for carry. Unless its a high dollar fine tuned machine that I've ran a lot of rounds through to confirm its reliability... I wouldn't have it. 1911's are big, heavy and low capacity. IMHO there are much better choices then a 1911 carry. I work on a ton of them...
  5. 86 slo-vo

Figured I'd update, been carrying the shield for over a year now. And... I still love it. I have done a few mods which include a 360 stippling job and apex DCAEK trigger kit and ameriglo I-dot sights. It stays nasty dirty loaded with lint and dust from work and have yet to have a malfunction in...
  6. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

I made the sheath, been doing a lot of kydex stuff lately.
  7. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

It works good, I can hide a 4" fixed blade and shield at 4:00 and never be seen. I'm a pretty small guy also at 5'11" 150lb
  8. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

Yes, don't leave home without a decent knife and light. Esee 4 sheath is tied into my comp-tax CTAC holster for my shield.
  9. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

M&P shield. It's my EDC, though now that I'm working in a gun shop I have been carrying my 9L more often.
  10. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

Yes I shot it. 9mm will be much better, but I still like the shield over it.
  11. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

We got one in this week, sold the first day. Not a big fan of it, too small for the recoil of the .45. Also don't like being limited to 5 round mags. The 9mm version would be nice though.
  12. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

I find it very comfortable. It is there 7 days a week from the time I wake up until i go to bed.
  13. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

I also agree with this. I like my AR to stay locked loaded ready and close as I can get it.
  14. 86 slo-vo

conceal carry gun rant

I personally carry a 9mm S&W shield with an 8 round mag and a spare 8 round on my weak side. I like the 9mm due to its ballistics and control ability. Carry the biggest caliber you can control. It's all about shot placement. I dont care if your carrying a s&w 500, if you can't put the rounds on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad