• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 88rangerxltkc

1. Overheating!!!!

Ok, this is probably my stupidity but i need some input. I put a 3in. body lift on my truck and to make the fan clear i had to cut the fan shroud. The fan is now lower than the shroud and isn't cooling like it should. Its getting way too hot and throwing a little coolant in the resivor. if...
  2. acting weird!?!

ok, my truck seems to run and drive ok whenever the check engine light is on, for a split second the truck turns off or misses for less than a half a second which makes the whole truck jump real bad. The truck then continue to run fine and the CEL light is off. Any advise is much...
  3. are cats good for anything!!!

well i took the sawz'all to it after the cats and it does run better,more power,better and quicker rpm range. So with the stock dual cats im thinkin one or both is partially clogged. This truck was a city water utility truck(2wd xl single cab) Any help greatly appreciated.
  4. still having flood out prob on start up

I replaced iac valve which my uncle told me was the prolem. well no it wasn't. the truck still on start up spits and sputters wanting to flood out no matter what rpm. sometimes it will clear up quick and sometimes it will take 30 seconds. but like someone flipped a switch it clears out and...
  5. i think its a stopped up cat

weel all i know is that it has never run quite right. So i cut the exhaust off after the cat(s) and it seems to run a lot better. one wierd thing is that my 2.9 was a lot louder straight piped than the 4.0.
  6. 2.9 issues!

Well, when i start it up usually it wil run fine for just a few seconds or longer, and then it wil act like it is flooding out but if you wait for 5 to 10 ceconds it will clear out and run like new. I have no clue what to do I did replace the IAC valve but that did no good. any help will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad