• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 88SXT

1. 88SXT

Sad Day

sold the 88 this weekend, spent all that time to get it running and remembered how cramped a single cab 1/4 ton truck is when you're 6'3. also cant fit pregnant wife and two year old daughter in two bucket seats. HOWEVER I may be in the market soon for a bronco II, or first gen exploder, must...
  2. 88SXT

bleeding brakes

I'm in the final stages of getting my 88 ranger running again, trying to bleed the brakes and getting no where with the front calipers. When we push the pedal down and crack the bleeder valve we get a small hiss of air, but after several minutes with no pedal pressure and no fluid from the bleed...
  3. 88SXT

Tach issue

Factory tach on my 88 hasn't worked since before I got the truck. There was a small screwdriver wedged in the coil connector I assumed was holding the dark green wire in, however, when I pulled the motor a few weeks ago I replaced the broken connector with some female spade terminals and the...
  4. 88SXT

88 ranger 2.9L no crank no start

i am finally Resurrecting the ranger, after two years as a lawn ornament. I am almost finished, trying to crank the engine, but its not having it. With key "on" dash lights come on and everything works, but as soon as i turn key to "start" the solenoid clicks and everything dies. I had to...
  5. 88SXT

the great debate, 351 vs 302

ok before anyone yells about the search bar and questions already being asked,... i searched it and didnt find anything helpful so im asking again im buying a 302 and a 351w, guy offered me a deal if i get both of them out of his garage and i figure i can sell which ever one i dont use...
  6. 88SXT

Fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,....

about a month ago my clutch shit itself, it worked fine and then when i got home i pulled into a parking space, went to shift into reverse and it wouldnt go in, no grinding, just wouldnt go, tried every other gear and none of them worked either. turned the engine off and it shifts fine...
  7. 88SXT

headlights being touchy

every once in a while when i pull the knob to turn the headlights on the low beams dont come on. the gauge lights work fine and after working the hi/lo beam switch the low beams come on, the high beams work fine, just the lows are touchy, i havent had any problems once i get them on, its...
  8. 88SXT

anyone ever been to brown mtn. NC?

me and a few other guys i work with are planning a trip to brown mountain NC this spring. anyone ever been there?
  9. 88SXT

new guy

hey ya'll, just got an 88 ranger off a co-worker, got big plans for it and this site was recommended to me by more than one friend. looking forward to hearing what ya'll got to say, and hopefully ya'll got some advice and can help me out once in a while

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad