• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by auto117584

1. '01 duratec V-6 stiff throttle

I've checked everything - cable, pedal bushings, speed control - everything slides back and forth. No restrictions in anything. But the throttle spring is a bear! The Ford engine is in a '01 Tribute (Mazda), but I'm assuming the intake and throttle are the same. Here's a picture. Continue...
  2. 95 B2300 with camper I built

The truck is actually more stable on the road with the camper. Even the 18 wheelers don't push it over when I pass them. I get 18mpg at 70mph with the shell.
  3. 95 B2300 with camper I built

do you have a link for the springs? Thanks!
  4. 95 B2300 with camper I built

Hi, everybody, I moved to Washington State from upstate NY 9 months ago. I built this camper shell to transport all my stuff, half of which I promptly gave away when I got here. Now I'm going to do some inside work to it. Which is why I'm here visiting TRS, because I want to install a couple...
  5. Added a HD leaf. What to add in front?

95 Mazda B2300, 2 wd, 5-speed manual, extended cab. Added a leaf, heavy duty, about 3/8 or 7/16" thick to the back, and retempered the existing leafs. Now the back is 3.25 inches taller than the front. I measured from the ground to the bottom of the body that is between the front and back...
  6. How do bigger tires affect regular driving shift points?

I have 14" tires on my 95 B2300 and routinely carry a thousand, twelve hundred pounds in the truck. I added a heavy duty leaf in back, but the front is low. I want stiffer springs that add a couple inches of lift in front, and that allow height adjustment with washers. And I want bigger tires...
  7. Wheel bearings obliterated. Will spindle and hub be okay?

it's a 95 b2300, 4-banger, 5-spd manual. bearings were torgues to x ftlbs instead of x inchibs. how can i tell if spindle and hub surfaces are okay? Eyeball them? Free of obvious scratches/grooves, etc?
  8. when is a door a jar?

when your truck says it is. just made that up yesterday, thinking about this problem. the ceiling lights stay on, and the "door ajar" light stays on. i had to disconnect the battery last night. thought i'd share my joke and see if someone has the quick answer for me. i'll dig out my book...
  9. Best mods for more power? 95 B2300

I took out the intake air muffler/baffle, and I like the sound. What else can I do? Can someone direct me to a list of things? UPgraded injectors? I'll be having a camper shell on the truck. Would rather not change the rear end, unless it just makes sense to do it. At 70mph on the highway...
  10. How to steal my 95 B2300

I'm designing my security/alarm system. The times I will be using this system are when I am DEEP in back country, and the truck is parked for days or a week plus, while I am backpacking. So, it's an isolated spot, nobody's watching except the astronauts, the NAS satellites, and Google. You...
  11. Best $5 security system. What about an alarm?

I'll be doing a bunch (BUNCH) of truck camping and backpacking. I won't to make sure the truck is STILL there when I get back, even if it's been broken into. However, I wouldn't mind some kind of detterent to breaking in, if there is such a thing. So I'm thinking an inline switch or two, that...
  12. Free stuff for 95 B2300 extended cab

I have all the stuff that goes ON a 2.3L motor. Intake, exhaust, injectors, wires, you name it, I've got it. I bought a second motor. Still have the block and heads from the first motor, BUT... 1. The block cracked from freezing coolant with no antifreeze. 2. the heads may or may not be...
  13. '95 B2300: free liner, engine, and accessories

Hi everybody. I'm leaving upstate New York in March, moving to Seattle. I just replaced my engine, and I have the old engine (cracked block, bad valves from breaking the timing belt). I might just drop the engine off at the local junk yard, but I also have all the intake stuff, the exhaust...
  14. '95 B2300 parking brake diagrams?

I bought this '95 2.3L extended cab in 2007. It was missing the front parking brake cable, and when I replaced the drums and shoes, I disconnected the parking brake cable from the left rear wheel. I need to find a diagram of the parking brake system, so that I can order the parts I need. It...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad