• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Beleneagle

1. Overcharging problem on 96 2.3 Ranger

Hi guys, my Ranger started giving me problems yesterday while was on my why to my cancer center. It started out of the blue overcharging. The gauge caught my eye when it pegged. As I was slowing down to stop, it went back to where it normally runs in the middle. Coming home from chemo I...
  2. 4.0 cam in a 2.9?

Has anyone tried a 4.0 cam in a 2.9? I know that the push rods are shorter due to the roller cam, and the distributor gear will need to be changed. Are the cam bearings the same size? Is the cam retention the same, or is the roller cam have a different retainer? I was just thinking since 2.9...
  3. Fuse panel

Anybody here have a picture/diagram of the fuse panel for a 96 ranger? I just need the number for the cigarette lighter. I have the owners manual, don't I'm not sure where I put it! I'd lose my head if it didn't stay on! Thanks David
  4. 4.0 intake question

Did the early 4.0 intake have leakage problems like the later one? I picked up a 98 4.0 with the 8 bolt crank for a few small bones. Been sitting 3 years. Pulled the plugs and #4, and 5 looked to be burning the green stuff, so I'll be tearing into it before it goes into my 90' Bronco II. I'm...
  5. Problem with recent install of a factory radio in Ranger

I just installed a factory radio in my Ranger that come with the radio delete. In AM, I have stereo sound (both speakers), and in FM, it is mono (right side). What's up? Do I have a speaker out of phase? I had to run my own speaker wires to the factory plug because while the plug was wired, God...
  6. 96' ford ranger exploded dashboard diagram

Anyone know where I can get a 96' ford ranger exploded dashboard diagram? I've got some dash-lights that need replacing, plus I want to put a factory radio in it as it came with no radio what so ever! Thanks David

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad