• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bhgl

1. bhgl

New to the forum & new to Ranger

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you can make it to the meetup even for just a visit.
  2. bhgl

Speedometer Calibration for 2003 Rangers, via Forscan?

@lil_Blue_Ford You had mentioned using Forscan on a previous thread to change my tires size, does this look familiar to you at all? I only have these three option under the configuration and programming menu.
  3. bhgl

Speedometer Calibration for 2003 Rangers, via Forscan?

I know older rangers used a wyrm gear setup, newer ones used the ABS sensors, but there seems to be a weird gap from 2001-2003 in which they use a VSS sensor on the output shaft of the transmission. I have forscan downloaded using the free extended license, I'm able to detect and open up the...
  4. bhgl

Cooling Differential covers, do they really matter?

These trucks are fairly in demand actually, turns out simple, reliable, and honest trucks are still desired. Thankfully Ford made billions of these things. I've seen a few ultra-clean Ford Rangers up here sell for 10-15K CAD, because of the rust it's pretty rare that any thing over 10 years old...
  5. bhgl

Average and current fuel economy gauges, best options at the lowest cost?

Would you be interested in selling the ultragauge?I'm over here in Canada, but the utlragauge website is asking like 90$+ USD just in shipping. I'm sure it could be done cheaper.
  6. bhgl

The thing I was always told, and I always found true when it came to buying used/older cars was that 1000$ of parts/upgrades to a 2000$ car does not make a 3000$ car. Buying and selling cars with super popular aftermarket support and scenes has showed me that when I'm comparing two cars; the...
  7. bhgl

Wanted Scangauge II, Scangauge E, or Ultragauge

Howdy, I'm looking for any one of the 3 gauges listed above with their cables included. Since I'm Canadian, I'll happily cover all shipping and pay through paypal for sellers from the US. For sellers in Canada, or near the border I may also come pick up the gauge! Let me know how much you're...
  8. bhgl

Average and current fuel economy gauges, best options at the lowest cost?

I'm about to pull the trigger on either the Scangauge II or the Ultragauge, do you have any preference at all or opinions?
  9. bhgl

Short of something exactly like the Bank's ram air cover being available for these trucks, I would probably never bother, short of my truck spending a prolonged period of time on the track, for some reason. I think aside from a heavy load, the things that actually dumps a lot of wear into the...
  10. bhgl

MAB3L, the most reasonable truck on the road!

I knew the Lithium batteries were gonna struggle in the cold to charge, I think the main thing making me decide against it is the fact that it can only take 20 amps of charging regardless of temperature. I had the idea of basically having a summer and winter battery, but given the expense it's...
  11. bhgl

2.5L ('98-'01) Rough idle, ignition issue?

I run iridium NGKs and have no issues. Brands for wires is kind of a crapshoot, Motorcraft wires are OEM and are made well, but are usually a bit more expensive. I would avoid the cheapest of the cheap wires since they typically have pretty high resistance, like Standard Motor products. NGK...
  12. bhgl

Well shit boys, doing my research we found that the Dakota Lithium may not be able to survive an upgraded alternator. From the Dakota Lith. website: "CHARGE VIA ALTERNATOR Drop in replacement for lead acid and AGM starter batteries for vehicles. NOTE: THE DL+ 60Ah IS LIMITED TO AN ALTERNATOR...
  13. bhgl

I've never tried to rebuild an alternator before, would probably be a good thing to know how to do honestly. I had heard about folks doing that trick in the way back but never considered doing it. I wonder if I change a diode inside that 320 Amp unit I'd have a plasma cutter lol
  14. bhgl

Well shit folks. Should say at the top, I've got to check for parasitic draw, I have messed around with the electronics quite a bit in all reality. Stereo installation, upgraded coils, pulling from relays for the e-fan, power door locks, but it looks like our alternator is on the way out or is...
  15. bhgl

Gaining power

As far as easy bolt on stuff goes, there's not much out there for these engines. I'd recommend installing an electric fan for sure though, I just installed a 2.3 ranger fan and shroud on my 3.0 and it's added power. Maybe also consider upgrading your ignition with better gapped spark plugs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad