• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bigmatthew86

1. Bigmatthew86

valve springs

Email Alex parts. Tell him the cam you plan to run, he’ll tell you what spring. It’s that easy. With a roller cam you don’t really have to worry about taking out a lobe. You just don’t need a 8000 rpm .600 lift spring for a 5000 rpm .480 lift.
  2. Bigmatthew86

valve springs

I thought we were talking about a 5.0 swap. Can’t help you on the 4.0
  3. Bigmatthew86

valve springs

Are you using a v6 or v8 explorer engine?
  4. Bigmatthew86

valve springs

Alex parts makes good drop in kits too. Tell him what cam you plan to run & he’ll tell you what springs.
  5. Bigmatthew86

J Mod

If you want to start off small you can pull the 1-2 bottom accumulator spring. If the pan’s off you don’t even have to drop the valve body for that. That might get you to where you want to be alone. The 00 valve body had many of the holes enlarged already & you probably don’t need to add the...
  6. Bigmatthew86

Edelbrock Performer heads

I just was curious about the stock rockers as I’m not really looking for the extra lift out of the 1.7’s. I could also save a few bucks by not having to get taller covers. Not a deal breaker just an option. I had to run longer pushrods in my current setup so I was sure I’d have to measure.
  7. Bigmatthew86

Edelbrock Performer heads

Someone school me on them. Found some local for a fair deal with comp 1.7 roller rockers. They are the 1.9 valve, pedestal mount. They’d be going on an explorer motor with a comp xe258. I believe they have the factory springs still. Supposedly good for .575 lift but I have read they are & they...
  8. Bigmatthew86

camshaft

I recently started installed a comp xe258 in my Ranger. It’s a small cam that doesn’t take away the bottom for top. That being said it pulls a good bit higher than the factory explorer cam I had. Idles like stock too.
  9. Bigmatthew86

Supercharger for Explorer 5.0

I saw that picture but there isn’t any info that I could find. That is what got me thinking about it too. I just am uneasy about buying one just to try & make it fit.
  10. Bigmatthew86

Supercharger for Explorer 5.0

Does anyone know what’s needed if you want to run a sn95 powerdyne? I know they are still a little out of alignment, is it a matter or bringing the other pulleys forward?
  11. Bigmatthew86

J Mod

Got it all back together. I drilled hole #2 out to .125. Also added the newer style pan w/drain. It did what I wanted it to. It shifts how I want it to now, not too hard off the gas & will bark 2nd wot.
  12. Bigmatthew86

J Mod

Ok I pulled the valve body back off this morning and the holes I didn’t drill are already the size they should be. The old valve body had a transgo gasket so I’m wondering if it has a transgo shift kit in it & that is where the difference is? Where do I go from here? I really just want the 1-2...
  13. Bigmatthew86

J Mod

It’s a 96 explorer tranny. I bought a valve body off eBay. I too had read the truck valve bodies responded differently to the j mod. I also read where guys just modded the truck separator plate & it was fine.
  14. Bigmatthew86

J Mod

I can buy that. I’m going to pull the valve body again. I believe I followed the instructions for a 98+ body so I didn’t address a few holes I should have. I would have been fine with a little easier 1-2 shift but I made it feel stock again. I have the old style pan so I’m going get a newer...
  15. Bigmatthew86

J Mod

I’ve had my 5.0 swapped Ranger for a while now & never knew what had been done to the transmission. It shifted pretty hard 1-2 so it was obvious something had been done. I bought a new valve body with the sonnax upgraded parts & proceeded to j mod it. I drilled the holes to .100 like the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad