• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bob Hatcher

1. Cylinder Head Compatibility

Well the engine I took out of a 95 was not a flex fuel version and neither is my grandson's 2000 which is what the 95 heads might be needed - it sounds like the older heads might work then - also, it appears that, I should be able to just order a set of head bolts for the 2000 since you say...
  2. Cylinder Head Compatibility

I am helping my grandson remove the heads off of his 2000 Ranger with a 3.0 V6 in order to change the head gaskets - we will be sending the heads off to the machine shop to be checked first and have a valve job done on them - just in case they are cracked, we have another 3.0 that was removed...
  3. Engine Swap Question

Great information for when we do this job - we had one hell of a time trying to get to those bell housing bolts in the donor truck but, as the truck was going to be junked, found our way to accessing them by cutting part of the fire wall away from the inside but obviously I can't do that with my...
  4. Engine Swap Question

I agree - the truck has to leave the garage were it has been sitting and will need to get into my hands soon so I told my grandson to tell the garage to put everything that they have relating to the truck in the bed including the 1995 engine which I already located, removed from that truck and...
  5. Engine Swap Question

What started this trek was, my grandson was heading to work and all of a sudden the temp gauge hit the high point and he wasn't too far from an exit so he went for it - by the time he parked it, there was white smoke or steam everywhere - I sat with him while waiting for a tow truck to take it...
  6. Engine Swap Question

Terrific - this information was exactly what I was looking for - as long as I can put both engines side by side and make the 95 engine into a 2000, all should be well - at first I thought we were looking at a major difference such as in the transmission or flex plate bolting to the block/crank...
  7. Engine Swap Question

My grandson's 2000 is definitely gasoline and I do believe the 95 was also - I saw no emblems anywhere on the 95 truck stating Flex Fuel - what prompted me asking this question in the first place was that his other grandfather is saying something about a letter code like a "u" vs a"v" between...
  8. Engine Swap Question

My grandson has a 2000 2 wheel drive Ranger with a 3.0 V6 and an automatic transmission - it may need an engine and I found another 3.0 in a 1995 Ranger 4x4 automatic - I am wondering if I can put the 1995 3.0 into the 2000? I realize that I might have to swap over the fuel injection system or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad