• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BoogieBot

1. 2000 2.5 sat for 6 months, won't start - where do I start?

As the title says, my 2000 2.5L M5OD Ranger sat in storage for the past 6 months (extended illness). Now the ol girl won't start. I need some help making a list of issues to investigate. I'm somewhere between "beginner" and "intermediate" in term of mechanical aptitude - rebuilt some ancient...
  2. 2000 M5OD sometimes difficult to put in gear, squealing noise

My truck has developed an unsettling problem in the past 2 days: it's nearly impossible to shift... sometimes. It only happens when the engine is running, I'll have it out of gear while sitting at a light. Light changes, try to push the shifter into 1st... it feels like there's something...
  3. AC blows warm air when outside temp is over 100F

Just as the title says. First noticed this last summer when driving through the Mojave desert at night - the NWS said the outside temp was about 107F, and my A/C blew slightly warm air on both settings (max was a little cooler). Recently drove to Phoenix, where it was 96F out. Noticed my A/C...
  4. Parasitic drain on fuse #26, aux relay box location?

I've got a 2000 2.5L 2WD XLT standard cab Ranger. Finally got around to tracking down the parasitic drain that kills my battery when I let the truck set for a few days. She draws 0.3 Amps with engine off, drops to 0.04 A when fuse #26 (in the door) is removed. According to the owner manual...
  5. soft hissing brakes, dash warning lights on

I've got a 2000 2.5L RWD Ranger. My brake pedal is really soft and goes 2/3 to the floor before it engages, and makes a hissing sound when depressed. The ABS and parking brake lights on the dash aren't illuminated on startup, but illuminate after a few brakes (particularly if those are hard...
  6. Upper intake plenum removal

I've got a 2000 2.5L, 5spd w/ AC. My valve cover has been leaking oil, and I need to replace my plugs & wires anyway, so I figured that rather than screw around with trying to fish the driver side plugs out from behind the upper intake, I'd just take the thing off anyway since I need to remove...
  7. Hydraulic clutch line leak just got a lot worse

Hey all, I've had my 2000 Ranger (2.5L, 2WD, M5OD trans) since March and have had a slow hydraulic clutch leak the whole time that just got a LOT worse today. Here's the history of what's been going on and what went wrong today: * Clutch master reservoir fluid level has been dropping slowly...
  8. Total noob seeking info on suspension replacement

Hey ya'll, I picked up a nice little 2000 Ranger 2.5L manual, 2WD a few weeks ago. It's the first 4-wheeled vehicle I've owned in a few years (been 2-wheel only for the duration) that desperately needs the front shocks replaced. I did the rear suspension on my bike, and it was easy: order the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad