• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bossbob

1. Intermittent starting issues

So, we've had this truck for about a year now, when I first got it it would quit running whenever it decided to, then no run at all. I replaced the ECM and it has been running great for about 6 months. Now we're kind of right back there. It will usually start when cold, run a few minutes or...
  2. Fuel guage problem

The fuel gauge isn't working, goes from full to empty, in no time. We recently replaced the fuel pump which comes with the sending unit and no change. What do I check next, or could it be a bad replacement part. Thanks,
  3. Shifter problem

86 Ranger 2.9 5spd Last week the shifter was going way past the normal travel route when going into 5th or reverse and feeling quite sloppy. Now the shifter is way sloppy and won't move the gears. It is stuck in reverse and can't move into other gears. Haven't pulled it apart yet, still need...
  4. 86 Ranger, fuel delivery problem

So, I have this 86 ranger, 2.9, 5 spd. bought it for my son, it's been running fine for the most part. Tonight the fuel pumped died, or at least that is what I'm guessing. Towed it home and will start investigating tomorrow. Here's the deal, the previous owner put a switch in to directly turn...
  5. What am I missing on the E-brake system

I ordered a new front cable for the 86, should have taken a closer look. I now need to order one of the rear cables and find out what's missing to connect it all. Does anyone have a diagram of the cable system under the truck. I see where the 2 rear cables work their way through the frame, and...
  6. No start issue on new 86 Ranger

So, I just bought this truck, it ran great on the way home about a 30 minute drive. Got the registration taken care off, took it down to fill it up and on the way back she quit on me. It had actually stalled out a couple times on the way to the gas station, both at idle and under power. Finally...
  7. What brake cable do I need?

I just bought an 86 ranger, extra cab, 2.9, for my son. Seems to run pretty good, needs some TLC. But the first thing I want to address is the emergency brake. The cable from the foot pedal to the rear axle is gone, broken, missing. Looking at RockAuto, there seems to be several different...
  8. 89 4x4 vs 2000 4x4, Which one is better?

Looking for opinions on the 4x4 set up on these trucks. My son and I looked at a couple trucks yesterday. Truck #1 is a 1989, V6, 5spd, 4x4, it has a solid front axle and lifted quite a bit with 33" tires. This truck looks like a beast, 4x4 only has 4 wheel low and does not have a 4 wheel...
  9. All of a sudden, it's has a hard starting issue.

I just bought this truck for my son, put a new clutch in it and finally got it going. Been driving it for about 200 miles now, it has been flawless until yesterday. Now, out of now where it has a hard starting issue where it will crank for awhile and maybe start and maybe not. Try it again, and...
  10. New guy here, needing help with bleeding slave/clutch

Picture added for those interested, help with bleeding slave/clutch Hi everyone, I just bought an 87 Ranger for my 16 year old, so far it is everything he wants in a truck, only thing missing according to him is the 4wd option. So, I got this truck knowing it needed a slave cylinder, no...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad