• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by broncogirl

1. '88 BII Randomly Dies

My 2.9 efi 88 BII will run great for hours (like on a 2 hour drive from city, to highway, to mountain road - from sun to snow). Then, randomly and unexpectedly -maybe after driving for only 30 minutes or maybe after driving for an hour or more, maybe going 65mph or maybe 20mph, maybe with temp...
  2. Can I get Transfer Case Linkage Bushing Online?

Anyone know where? Thanks!
  3. Starts Right Up, Then Calmly Dies

Any ideas on first things to check (and how to check - I'm a novice). '88 BII, 2.9, EFI, AT w/ 88K miles. Tune up and new computer chip installed in the fall, new drive shaft and brakes a few months back, and it's been running fantastic - driving almost daily on long and short trips. Started...
  4. 4x4 Occasionaly Sliping out of 4-high into neutral

Kind of ignorant about 4x4 transfer cases. Can't deal with expensive repairs right now. Have adjusted linkages and replaced bushings to fix slipping automatic transmissions. Could this be something that needs a fairly easy fix like that? How about the hubs - could they somehow cause this? One...
  5. Need Some Driveshaft Advice

I drive my 1988 (4x4, AT) BII at highway speeds a lot. A number of times a year, I drive in icy or slick snow conditions. Once or twice a year, I'll have to bounce around in deeply rutted packed snow. My mechanic says the terrible sound I hear when braking (and sometimes when taking off from a...
  6. Vapor Canister / Charcoal Canister Specifics Needed (What did the mice eat?)

New to this forum. My '88 BII lives in a '66 body, but is pretty much otherwise stock '88 at 60K miles. Mice have chewed :icon_hornsup: around one of the big holes on my vapor canister. It looks incidental, but I'm suddenly having symptoms like there could be an evap system issue. It was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad