• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Chester

1. Transmission

Used wrong fluid in an m5R1. Any suggestions?
  2. Brakes

I recently changed my 88 Bronco II automatic over to a Mazda 5 spd. Now for some reason I have no brakes. My question is Is there any difference in the booster for the 5 spd. The pedal sits different than the old one did.
  3. Transfer Case Issue

I recently changed out an A4LD to a M5OD & now would like to know what to do about the linkage to the transfer case. Any solutions?
  4. B II wont start w/ key

changed trans from A4LD to M5OD. won't start with key. Only way [I] can get it to start is by putting a push button between the solenoid & the battery but, that in turn stays hot all the time & runs the battery down. Also,can't get the transfer case linkage to work with this trans...
  5. BII starts but still has problem

Finally got it started but, you have to cross the solenoid to get it to turn over. Will not start with the key.!? Any suggestions?
  6. BII wont start

Recently changed my A4LD over to a Mazda 5 spd. Long story short, it started once & after that will not turn over. Took the starter off & had it tested & tests fine on machine. Put back on truck...nothing. Replaced solenoid as well. Any ideas?
  7. BII Manual Transmission swap

I'm swapping an A4LD for a 5 speed (Mazda). How does the clutch interlock switch hook up? It's supposed to take the place of the neutral safety switch. My question I guess is where does is this switch mounted at and what does it hook to?
  8. BroncoII

Just want everybody's opinion: What transmission is best suited to a Bronco II?
  9. A4LD question

Will a 1990 A4LD tranny bolt up to a 88 2.9?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad