• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by CraigK

1. Limited Slips - What are These???

I just found these in my garage, and would like to sell them, but would like to confirm what they are, as it's been several years since I sold my BII. I believe these are rear and front limited slip differentials for 87-90 BII's with 7.5" 28 spline axles. Can anyone confirm? I can take and...
  2. Just a little compressor seizure???

Tell me I didn't screw up terminally (for my compressor). The compressor was working fine, but the system had a leak and would not hold freon (94 Explorer, not the BII). So I replaced the (leaking?)condenser, high pressure line to and from the compressor (one piece), the accumulator, and...
  3. Radiator AT Cooler Fittings?

The radiator of my '87 BII sprang a leak. The leak appears to be coming from one of the two sets of fittings on the driver's side of the radiator where the AT fluid lines enter. There seem to be two fittings: a larger ~1 1/2" fitting that looks like(?) it threads into the radiator. Nested into...
  4. A Tale of Two Sway Bars - Help!

I have a post with the same title as above in the "Need Urgent Help Fast!" section, and would appreciate any insight available from TRS members that have a higher level of familiarity with RBV 4x4 suspensions than most. Thanks. CraigK
  5. Snowbear Snowplows for Rangers/BII's???

Not sure this is the right forum. Looking at low cost snowplows for my '87 BII. This would be a personal use application only, not commercial. I live in MD, and the new house has about a 200 yard driveway until where the neighbor plows with a serious machine. Has anyone got any firsthand...
  6. Explorer AC Issues (long post)

This is an Explorer issue, not a Ranger/BII one, but I thought it best to post here. Here’s my issue. Any insight into the problem or questions would be appreciated. 1994 Ford Explorer Sport (in otherwise excellent condition), AC not working. (Temperature to 97°F yesterday and forecast for...
  7. Low Cost Vacuum Pump?

I have a couple of AC systems to retrofit and refill, and think it might be time to spring for a pump. Can anyone identify a currently available, LOW COST mechanical vacuum pump (not the venturi/compressed air type) that will suffice for very occasional auto AC use? Cheapest I've seen is about...
  8. Transfer Case Control Module Interchangeability?

Looks like I have to replace the ESCM in my BII, and will have to get one from a junkyard. I have found several listed on various jy search sites, but not from my specific vehicle. Does anyone know: What years and models of vehicles have an electronic shift control module that will be...
  9. Fuse/Power Supply for Electric 4x4 (87 BII)

I've posted on the main forums in the "4WD Systems" section, but am not getting any help on this specific question. The vehicle is an 1987 Bronco II with electric pushbutton 4x4/LOW control. I have no power to my T-case controller. (I have already replaced the T-Case motor.) I do not get any...
  10. Where is T-Case Control Module? 87 BII

Just replaced the transfer case shift motor on my electric shift 1987 BII. No go. No shifting into either 4x4 or LOW, and no clicking. I've read threads that refer to an under-the-hood fusebox, but my BII doesn't seem to have one there (all fuses under the dash are A-OK). Is there one under...
  11. Gas Mileage - 4Dr vs Sport Explorer?

Thinking of buying a GenI Explorer (93-ish) to augment/replace tha capability of my '87 BII (little more room, stronger motor). Gas mileage is poor. Does anyone have any idea if the 2DR Sport (10" shorter wheelbase, looks much smaller) gets a measurable difference in gas mileage? Thanks. CraigK
  12. Cheap Center Hub for EB Wheels

I keep losing the center hubs in my older style EB wheels (or having them stolen). Replacements are tricky to find and usually expensive. I was experimenting to see if I could get a spray painted plastic cup or empty yogurt container to fit, when I realized the cap of the spray paint can was a...
  13. T-Case Shifter Motor Wire Removal???

I've been having intermittent problems shifting from 2H into 4H in my 87 BII (AT w/electric push-button). I went out to get the vehicle into 4WD before the next snowstorm hits (a couple of hours) and couldn't get it to shift. I quickly removed the shift motor ALMOST. All the bolts came off...
  14. "James Bond" Oil Slick & Smoke Screen

I haven't driven my '87 BII AT 4WD on the interstate (I-95) in very hot weather 95°F+ for several years, but did this past weekend while hauling a small trailer. A problem that I'd had previously began to occur again, in fact, occurred several times during this trip. Near as I can figure, the...
  15. Front Left U Joint Replacement?

This question is similar to another recent thread, but slightly different. In order to continue driving my 1987 BII (i.e. to pass a safety inspection due to a "salvage" title), I must replace the front left U-joint, right close to the FL wheel. How difficult is this thing to get to? It looks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad