• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DadsallWright2020

1. 2.4L Multiair

So, I reverted to the manual before the post for the startup procedure. When the VVA was placed on the head we didn't have the tool available (mostly because I refuse to pay $780 for a tool that puts a $670 part on) so we kind of winged it. The gentleman that I have helping me is a mechanic, but...
  2. 2.4L Multiair

I’ve got a 2016 Jeep Cherokee that I’ve been working on (it’s my wife’s daily) and it had burnt a valve a few weeks ago. I pulled the head, reworked it, done a valve job, changed all upper gaskets (head, valve cover, intake/exhaust manifold, VVA). After putting it all back and trying to start it...
  3. TK5 help!

My transmission on my project 1985 Ranger is missing the entire shifter assembly. I was wondering if anyone could give me a good website for a replacement for the assembly, boot (the boot on it is worn out), shaft and knob on a TK5. Also, when tearing out the interior I noticed that the bolt...
  4. 1985 Ranger 4X4 project (newbie)

So, like I said before, I'm a bit of a newbie. Especially when it comes to transmissions and components within. With that being said, while stripping the interior I noticed that I don't have all the parts for the top end of the transmission. Its a TK5, but I don't know exactly what all is...
  5. Wiring harness problems. Possibly needing new?

I called 6 local junkyards on Saturday to no avail. I never realized just how difficult these trucks are to find. I know of one sitting as a yard ornament just a few miles away that I pass every day to and from work. I'm going to have to stop in and see if its a match.
  6. Wiring harness problems. Possibly needing new?

I went today and bought an assortment of crimps and fittings for the connections. Thanks for the advice!
  7. Wiring harness problems. Possibly needing new?

The truck doesn't currently run. I got a new battery and went ahead and hooked it up to see if i had any power in the instrument panel or and kind of signs of life, but I got nothing. So, I'm basically starting from scratch. Thanks for the link to the manual. I ordered one today!
  8. Wiring harness problems. Possibly needing new?

Hi all, I posted a few weeks ago about starting a new project on a 1985 Ranger 4x4 2.3L that my great grandfather owned. It has been sitting for 8 years, but before it was parked a young (20 year old) friend of the family was using it as a farm truck. He did some damage to the wiring harness...
  9. 1985 Ranger 4X4 project (newbie)

That’s the positivity I like to hear! Be on the lookout for this ol’ boy looking for advice. Lol.
  10. 1985 Ranger 4X4 project (newbie)

Thanks brother!
  11. 1985 Ranger 4X4 project (newbie)

Thanks. I'm looking forward to digging in. Probably going to need It actually had cab lights (don’t really know why) and someone removed them some years ago and they just plugged the holes with some epoxy. I’ll have to rip out the headliner to asses the extent. But, I’m going to stick with the...
  12. 1985 Ranger 4X4 project (newbie)

Hi all, I'm a new registered member here, but I've found a lot of useful information on past projects from here, so I'm looking forward to getting some new info on a new venture. I've worked on cars and trucks in the past, but nothing this in depth, so I'm definitely going to need insight. A...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad