• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by danisev

1. Help with 1989 Bronco II frame repair!

Does the metal have to match the metal of the frame? I heard you need to find out what your frame is made out of and then get some kind of corresponding metal as well as rod or wire for welding.
  2. Help with 1989 Bronco II frame repair!

That is a good link but I wish there was more information! I am not against hiring a welder, but I would like to do all the preperation for his job myself and save some money this way. Also, it would not hurt to have advice on where to cut and weld and compare that to what the welder would...
  3. Help with 1989 Bronco II frame repair!

I was planning on putting the frame on extra jackstands to support it, around the area I am going to be working on on either side. Anbody have any experience with something like this? Would the frame be supported on both sides and keep from twisting and warping? I did want to cut part of the...
  4. Help with 1989 Bronco II frame repair!

Thanks, I will look through that. I have never done frame repair myself and I while I would like to try it, my Bronco and I would benefit from good advice. My first step would be pulling the truck into my garage and taking the engine out, as well as taking apart the front and coil bucket for...
  5. Help with 1989 Bronco II frame repair!

Yeah, battery goo sounds right. When you say weld new steel in, do you think my idea of using a piece of frame from another truck would work, or should I just get some plate steel? The reason I wanted to weld a piece of matching frame is because the top part is curved. I mean the vertical...
  6. Help with 1989 Bronco II frame repair!

Hello! My B2 had some frame rust that made a hole near/on the coil bucket on the passenger side. I suspect a leak in the AC system had something to do with it, because this hole is right under a valve on an AC hose and this hole in the frame developed from a darker looking spot over time. I...
  7. Short in the headlight wiring?

Hello, As a follow up my problem was fixed. I had a friend come over who is better with auto tech than me and we figured out the fuel pump was not working by ear, and I believe we had the engine start with starting fluid. So we took a look inside the fuel tank and a ground wire was loose...
  8. Wanted 2.9 for my '89

I would like to buy a used 2.9 in good condition for my B2.
  9. Short in the headlight wiring?

Now it will not start. I am going to recheck the fuses and possibly order a new headlight harness and dashboard harness. I am going to look around for information on how to uninstall the harnesses, and any help would be great. There is a video on YouTube, but the guy’s truck is already...
  10. Short in the headlight wiring?

I think you are right about the hazard lights. This morning I went to do the test again, and the light did not turn on! However, I drove around the park and afterwards, the truck failed the test light check again, and again the same circuit. I could try to replace the whole harness, but if I...
  11. Short in the headlight wiring?

I pulled the switch in the picture believe this is the main light switch RonD had told me to check. I can’t figure out how to attach a video, but after pulling the switch and 40A fuse, the test light blinks on and off like a hazard light. Any idea what that means? In the meantime, I am going...
  12. Short in the headlight wiring?

I disconnected the negative battery terminal and clipped the wire from the test light to the battery connector wire. Then, I touched the point of the tool to the negative post of the battery. The light came on. I am pretty sure I had the door closed while checking it, but I am going to try...
  13. Short in the headlight wiring?

I bought a test light and checked all the fuses with it. The light turns off when I pull the 40A headlamp fuse and stays on for the rest of the fuses. Need all the help I can get! Dan

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad