• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Deftone

1. Deftone

Hola.

New shoes. 30x9.5x15 BFG AT's on 15x8's
  2. Deftone

ever buy tools that you will probably never need?

Installing a new HD Drag Link on my Jeep Wrangler I ran into a couple tools I don't have but needed: Fork style Pittman Arm or Ball Joint Remover (purchased) Crows Foot 21mm
  3. Deftone

Add 8mm to that list (I have a bunch of motorcycles) Also Torx for the KTM's. I have three KTM's so I always need Torx drives. Current project: 1190 ADV needs new fork seals & a new front tire. I have inch/lb torque wrenches for the triple clamps and foot/lbs torque wrenches for the axle...
  4. Deftone

Just poking back. All good here. In regards to your hammer situation, I can't stand having to buy a tool when I know I already have one.
  5. Deftone

I thought my 101st Airborne Air Assault school badge was my man card, but if you want to compare tool collections, I'm game. I have a completely tooled up Harrison 13" swing manual lathe, a Series one style Manual Mill with a DRO, X & Y power feed, rotary table, a stomp sheer, a finger brake...
  6. Deftone

My other trucks...

The Jeep was completely stock when I bought it. It's got a 2 1/2" lift, flat fenders, front a rear bumpers, winch,rock sliders....here's a more recent pic.... The Dodge is my tow vehicle for my Toy Hauler so I've just done the wheels, might add a shell. It's the 5.9L Cummins, 4x4....
  7. Deftone

I do not. I wait until I need it, then I go buy it. Close to 40 years of collecting tools. Former mechanic, former Machinist and I have three roll-a-ways full of tools, plenty of Snap On. I rarely don't have a tool I need.
  8. Deftone

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Since I have a standard cab I've been looking for a bed mounted toolbox for a while. Something I can store tools, jumper cables, work gloves, zip ties, Tie down straps, etc.... The truck came with a large Weatherguard bed box, but it takes up way too much of the bed space, it's steel and pretty...
  9. Deftone

Hola.

BTW, this is my 2nd Ranger. 1st was a '97 XLT 3.0L Extra Cab AT 2WD in Metallic green. Great truck.
  10. Deftone

Hola.

Put the Ranger to work today. Later on I took a load of cardboard to the recycle station.
  11. Deftone

work boot thread

check out Timberland Pro. Waterproof, steel toe. 30+ years in Machine Shops, cutting fluids and hydraulic oil eat away leather, metal chips cut them to ribbons. These are the only boots I've had that could take the abuse. Light and comfortable as well.
  12. Deftone

Hola.

Thank you, glad to be here. Nice truck, BTW. Good advice I had not considered. Thank you for that as well. I think most of the PG&E Rangers were used for Meter Readers, this one ordered with 4WD to reach remote locations. Not sure why they would need a long bed though. The tailgate was off...
  13. Deftone

My other trucks...

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.9L Cummins 2007 Wrangler X Manual trans..
  14. Deftone

Hola.

My humble 2003 Ranger XL. Former PG&E truck. 4.0L 4WD AT Long Bed. Yes, it's 4WD and it works great. Just rolled 190K Looking to lift it 2-3" and 32" AT's. Likely a torsion bar/lift block kit. Recommendations & tips greatly appreciated. Thinking budget overland build. Front bumper, roof...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad