• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DieselDude

1. Sticky ignition

So, I'm pretty sure the problem is I need a new ignition lock cylinder. When I shut my engine off I cannot turn the key from on to off to remove the key, also in the on position I just found out I can remove the key then. So ignition cylinder is my first guess. It is a manual, and of course I...
  2. 2002 2.3L overheating

Ahhh okay good to know. No I'm just using it 1. As a spare vehicle if the Fusion doesn't start 2. Just so I have a vehicle with a bed for moving stuff around and 3. For my duck boat and ice house when it hits fall again. Where did you find a motorcraft version? I'll eventually replace it with...
  3. 2002 2.3L overheating

So I have to ask... whats everybody been doing to clean out the cooling system? Or would just running distilled water for a few weeks do the trick well enough? Also, has anybody used or heard of people using these thermostats? Look the same, just without the electrical part. Open at 180 degrees...
  4. 2002 2.3L overheating

Yeah my first thought was probably was the thermostat. It was originally my uncles truck, he bought it back in '05 I believe, drove it to right around 140k, then gave it to his son as he needed a vehicle when he got out of the guards. My cousin is pretty well known for being lax about...
  5. 2002 2.3L overheating

[/URL][/IMG]
  6. 2002 2.3L overheating

[/URL][/IMG]
  7. 2002 2.3L overheating

So I've figured out that it is indeed the thermostat. If I fan figure out how to add images I will do so.
  8. 2002 2.3L overheating

Oh yeah I've read through your posts a few times and I believe I read about the differences as well. Truck says build 8/01 so must be green.
  9. 2002 2.3L overheating

Yeah she looked a bit rusty on the inside. By the way, what kinda coolant should I be running in this? Guy at O'Reilly said the green stuff but I've heard otherwise on various sites.
  10. 2002 2.3L overheating

Unfortunately when I left school this spring I left my toolbox since I had no way of bringing it home and among the tools I left was my multimeter. BTW I took off the upper radiator hose and it just ripped so probably time for a replacement on that...
  11. 2002 2.3L overheating

Just ran the engine to above normal and that radiator is still cool to the touch... I suppose first I'll dump out the coolant and like you said just try with a garden hose. So does anybody know if there's a way to test the stat outside of the vehicle with this stupid electronic stat?
  12. 2002 2.3L overheating

So I have a 2.3L, trying to figure out why she's overheating... I've read exactly what I'm posting now just can't remember where anymore. The upper radiator hose is burning hot, lower hose is cold. When I turn on the heat, temps drop to below normal operating temps. Code reader w/ live data was...
  13. Hey

Hey, my name is Matt. I've got a 2002 ford ranger 2.3 that I've been working on. Paid 100 dollars to my cousin as it was sitting out in the hay field for two years. I threw in a new battery cranked for 3 seconds and she fired right off. That's with the same old gas that was in it when it began...
  14. Brake lines

Hi, first post. My name is Matt, I just got a 2002 ranger 2.3 and I'm in the middle of installing all new brake lines. I'm bending them myself. I took off the lines a number of weeks ago and am trying to remember which line went on which fitting to the abs module. Working on the front passenger...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad