• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Doug Burgoyne

1. One for the ignition gurus...

Here's a few pics to get rolling. Feel free to reach out with specific questions to get your truck sorted.
  2. One for the ignition gurus...

I will do that hopefully later today for you. In the meantime....here is my initial post before I began my carb/dist swap project...covering a lot of things pertaining to removal of the smog crap, figuring out wiring issues, proper set up, etc. May help you learn easily a lot of things I had to...
  3. One for the ignition gurus...

Here is the carb I got. Only $92 right now. I guess my original from my '84 is the 2150 not 2100. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MQCNYBL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  4. One for the ignition gurus...

Should also say, if you're stranger to non electronic ignitions, you will need to get basic understanding and initial settings for points dwell and such. Can get super close if real careful with feeler gauge. Dwell meter would be best though. I got it close enough with feeler to start real easy...
  5. One for the ignition gurus...

Wow, just typed huge reply. Previewed it, hit browser back as wasn't ready to post...and lost it all. Here goes again.... Yes, that is correct part if you have the 2.8 v6 engine. You will also need to get rid of crappy feedback carb (I replaced with $100ish chinese 2100 knock off type, from...
  6. Auto trans issue after carb/ignition swap

Hey AZ, Thanks for input! Turned out to be broken low reverse band. Need to rebuild.
  7. Fan shroud ideas?

Thanks for input 85 Ranger! Shooting to get one from junk yard from proper year/ model for plug and play fit.
  8. Fan shroud ideas?

Hey Scotts90! Great idea, thanks for link. I tried them before and problem is they will confirm what vehicles are there, but not what parts are still available. But looks like some very recent vehicle additions in my proper year range. Shrouds only $24! Plus, I could pull some other parts I'd...
  9. Fan shroud ideas?

Small world! My wife gets her hair done in Dayton every month (I think an hour drive is too far for that, but it's her good friend too). I could maybe drive out with her one time for the part perhaps. I travel to salem area quite often and certainly wouldn't mind going that far either. Best...
  10. Fan shroud ideas?

Hi Scotts90! I'm in scotts mills. Between molalla and silverton, off 213 if you know the area. Where are you? Yeah...not sure if I really need for cooling, although I've read one drawback of 2.8 rangers is possible overheating....but I dont like being around engine bay when running with that...
  11. Fan shroud ideas?

Thanks man!! Between the info you've provided, and the great pics, I have no doubt I'll get something that'll fit!
  12. Fan shroud ideas?

Hey tw25...looks like early 90's ranger v6 shrouds a dime a dozen, and cheap too. Does this look like a shroud that would work on my 84 2.8 non ac truck? That would be super!
  13. Fan shroud ideas?

Yeah, tried them. With that many options on years/models I'm sure I can find one to work. I appreciate your insight! If you have picture easily available of what it looks like for non ac truck, I would really appreciate it (even if stock photo from online search). I'm seeing many different...
  14. Fan shroud ideas?

Tw25, thanks for chiming in! Something you are willing to part with? I see a few options on ebay for bronco II, although not sure what years would work. Same with explorer. Any ideas on which years? Thank you!!
  15. Fan shroud ideas?

Hello and Happy New Year all! Having trouble finding a couple parts (for some time) for my 1984 4x4 Ranger with 2.8. Was wondering if anybody knows if there are parts for similar vehicles that are more available, even if some modifications are needed for mounting, etc. 1. Fan shroud (working...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad