• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by epi_sg

1. compression test

what should be the compression readings on a 2.9L. also could a bad or sticking lifter be the cause of my engine cutting out while driving. did the compression test and here's what i got #1- 70psi #2- 90psi #3- 80psi #4- 95psi #5- 65psi #6- 70psi
  2. cutting out

before i go any further would like to have some input. 1988 2.9l, had fuel issues so i fixed and or replaced everything from fuel pumps, filters, fuel line and regulator. pressure is where its suppose to be, 38psi. Start it up and start driving, after about 10 miles or so its starts to cut out...
  3. name that part

replacing and repairing fuel system on 88 ranger with dual tanks. 2.9l. On the driver side rail between fuel tanks and fuel pump there is a canister with 2 lines in, 2 lines out black and right at the cross member. I have to replace this due to one of the fittings has broken off. What exactly is...
  4. fuel ? help

Hello, New to this site, like what I see so far. Now, can some one help me out. Going to replace the fuel pressure regulator on my 1988 2.9L. Went to unplug the inertia switch to relieve fuel pressure. But the last owner has somehow bypassed it and is no longer in the truck. Question is, how...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad