• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ford1386

1. ford1386

Metal piece in 5r55e pan?

I just bought an 08 ranger 2.3 2.3 2wd with 88,000 miles as a cheap commuter truck. It's been great for the last 7k miles but I wanted to install a transgo shift kit, so I bought a case of mercon V, the transgo kit, and a new bonded separator plate and servo gasket, thru dropped the pan drained...
  2. ford1386

super duty trac lok

I have an 01 super duty with a sterling 10.5 rear and was wondering if it can be rebuilt tighter and to lock up better like the tech article for the 8.8 trac lok? My truck has 95k on it and I have had good results with the trac lok but am soon gonna be doing f&r 4.56 ring and pinion gears and...
  3. ford1386

driveshaft rubs gas tank when flexing...

I put a 302 zf and np205 in my 94 ranger with a ford 9" rear and dana 44 front axle and i had to get driveshafts custom made and the driveshaft shop told me that i had to use a 3.5" tube because of length and when i drive over something as uneven as a railroad tie (have them around my driveway)...
  4. ford1386

t case speedo gear ?

I have a 94 ranger with a zf tranny, np205 t case, 3.55 rear gears, and running 35'' tires and I'm wondering how many gear teeth on the speed sensor can I change without changing gear in t case. I'm currently running a 17 tooth gear and I'm gonna put the gps in my truck to see how far off the...
  5. ford1386

is it possible to put twin stick on np205 behind a zf???

I put a 302, zf 5 speed and an np205 t case, and am wondering if I can install a twin stick kit on the zf transmission to shift the np205.......
  6. ford1386

help setting up carb....???

i have a 94 ranger i put a 302 in with a holley 670 street avenger and an msd ignition and if the truck sits for a week or so and i go out to start it, it wont start. and i have a hard time getting it to start but if i go out every day it starts right up. and i have a hesitation on throttle...
  7. ford1386

what size tires can i fit

I dont do any offroading with my truck just street driving and take it to truck shows, its a 94 ext. cab 4x4 with early bronco axles under it with skyjacker 6" springs and a 3" body lift i also have a set of bushwacker cut out flares for it that i didnt get on yet i am going to order a pro comp...
  8. ford1386

steering issue?????

I just got done with my sas and 302 swap but everyone said if i wanted a lifted ranger to drive good with 8" of suspension lift i'd have to go straight axle so i did and it doesnt drive any better i just got it back from getting a wheel alignment and it doesnt seem any better. I'm wondering if...
  9. ford1386

zf not going in reverse.....

i recently put a 302 and a zf 5 spd in my ranger with a new master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch line, and clutch. When i go forward and then try to back up it doesnt seem to want to go all the way into reverse then when i let the clutch out in grinds, but if i double clutch it then goes in...
  10. ford1386

Timing issue??????????????? or not?????

I just got done with my 302 swap have a 302 ho motor, holley 670 cfm street avenger, msd coil, 6al ignition, and msd pro billet distributor, and im having what seems to be a timing issue i rebuilt the motor before the swap and i went by the haynes manual for a 302 ho and it says it needs 10...
  11. ford1386

clutch line leaking at slave cylinder???????

I am getting very close to being done with my 302 swap on my ranger and I put a zf trans out of an 88 f250 behind it. I put an 88 f250 slave cylinder in it and i hooked up to a new 94 ranger clutch line to the slave and it just pours out fluid i disconnected it and checked the o ring, its fine...
  12. ford1386

a4ld to manual......reverse switch???

i have a 94 ranger i took the a4ld trans out and put in a 302 and a ford zf5 trans that has a 2 wire plug on the side that im thinking is a reverse switch so if thats the case what wires do i need to hook up from the a4ld plug to get my reverse lights to come on???????????????thanks andy
  13. ford1386

factory tach to msd 6al

i have a 94 ranger im currently putting a carburated 302 motor in with the msd 6al ignition control module and it has a lead marked tach signal, but how can i hook this up to make my factory tach work with the v8?
  14. ford1386

v8 swap question?

I have a 302 motor, that i want to put in my 94 ranger it came from a mustang but the alternator on my 4.0 has a different plug on it than the one that came on the 85 mustang motor, and it also bolts up differently where can i get an alternator that is a 2 bolt swing mount that will have my plug...
  15. ford1386

craftsman tractor problem....

I have a craftsman tractor model number 917.254620 and when it gets cold it wont turn over easy at all i had the starter and battery tested and everything came back good, i was told it was a compression release problem, but i would need to tear the whole motor down to do it, so i was thinking if...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad