• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fordtrucks4toys

1. external fuel pump

1983 ranger 4x4, putting a 4.0 from a 92 explorer. can i run a external fuel pump instead of swaping fuel pumps and fuel lines? how much psi does these engines require?i was told that theres different external fuel pumps that put out differnent amounts of psi. any advice would be cool...
  2. turn signals will not work.

1992 ford explorer,2 door , 4.0,automatic. my turn signals will not work, reverse lights dont light up. i bought all new bulbs, new fuses, new flashers,new relays. everything that plugs in to the fuse box is brandnew.i even bought a brandnew switch for the trun signals,wipers and hazard...
  3. can anyone figure this out?

1992 explorer , 2 door. 4.0L . revers lights dont come on, turn signals do not work, when you turn the key to one , the needle on the RPM gauge stays at 4 , constantly when it is on. the wipers will some times turn on and wont shut off,even though its off, itll just move across the...
  4. turn signals,reverse lights dont work

1992 ford explorer, turn signals and reverse lights dont work.bought new flasher, still dont work,bulbs are good, emergency flashers work, but if you mess with the turn signal switch, the pass side light will quit flasing, but the fronts are flashing, any ideas?
  5. i need some help over here!!!!!!!!!!

i got a 83 ranger with an 84 cab, 4x4 . i got a 92 explorer 2wd with a 4.0 auto. im doing the 4.0 swap, can i use the bell housing off the 4.0 and bolt it up to the trans that is in my 4x4? it had a 2.8 in it before. also would i be able to use the clutch off the 2.8 ?? i have all the parts to...
  6. can this be done?

can you take a transfer case off a 85 ranger that has a 2.8, and mount that transfer case on to a automatic 2wd trans from a 96 4.0 explorer? doing the 4.0 swap, and i have a 4.0 1996 explorer auto 2wd . 1985 ranger , manual trans 4x4 2.8 can i put the t case on the explorers trans?? thanks!!!
  7. can you do this on a 2.8L?

can you put a holley carb on a 85 2.8L ?? can you do this with out having to do the dura spark conversion? can you use a holley carb, and still use the stock iginition system, and by using a aftermarket carb can u eleminate all the vacum hoses and wires and suff going to the carb??
  8. external fuel pump on a 4.0 swap?

i got a 4.0 from a 96 explorer, its going in to a 85 ranger 4x4. all i got from the explorer was the motor,trans,wire harness under hood air intake, dash and all wiring harness under hood. explorer had a bad fuel pump. so can i get an electric external fuel pump and use that instead ??
  9. 96 4.0 in a 85 ranger

got a 85 ranger, and a 96 explorer with a 4.0. do i need the wiring harness under the dash too, or just the one under the hood? also will the sending unit and pump in the 96 xplorer gas tank fit in the the reanger, i have a tank from a 83 in the ranger. im planning to use aftermarket gauges,no...
  10. holley carb on a 2.8 v6?help

got a 85 ranger. 2.8 v6, did a rebuild, but the hoses and wires and stuff that was on the carb is missing and wires are falling apart. can i replace the factory carb with a Holley 350 cfm 2 bbl carb? can i use this carb with out having to do the duraspark conversion? im using aftermarket...
  11. what kind of speedometer do i get?

i got a 83 ranger 4x4. 2.8 v6, manual trans. the speedo cable broke during my body swap.the gauges are broke, so im using all aftermarket gauges. what after market speedometer do i need to get? the sticker on my trans says E37A 7003PA buld code 006305, i think its a newer trans in the truck...
  12. no reverse lights

i got a 1983 ranger 4x4. has a manual trans, with a 2.8 v6. sticker on trans says E37A 7003PA build code 006305. i took a cab from a 85 2wd ranger,and im using the wiring harness from the 85. everything else works, but the reverse lights. the wire connector is diffent , the one on th 4x4 had a...
  13. what transmission is this?

i got a 1983 ranger 4x4. has a 2.8 ,with a manual trans. the sticker on the trans says E37A 7003PA build code 006305 the slave cylinder is inside the bell housing. isnt this a new transmission if the slave cylinder is in the bellhousing? any info would help
  14. swap carburetors?? who has done it?

i got a 83 ranger 4x4. engine came from a 85. did a complete body swap,trans rebuild,upper half engine rebuild. only thing is,all them solenoids and hoses on the carb are all screwed up. i dont have any of them hoses and dont wanna mess with making it original. can i get a holley carburetor...
  15. i have never worked with fiberglass.help me,please

so i was reading about fiberglass. and i heard u can make what ever u want. just make a mold, fill the mold with wet sheets of fiberglass , let it dry, trim up the work, detail it, prime it, paint it and install?? i was wondering , could i use that fiberglass stuff make hood scoops?? anyone...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad