• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gaz

1. gaz

NEW, IMPROVED RUBBER

ADDENDUM: It has been brought to my attention that I will be required to use at least 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) rated tires.
  2. gaz

Plastic Gas Tank Hole Fix.

That theft is absolute crap!! In Public Town square, make them drink the equivalent amount of fuel stolen, they must first pay for the stolen fuel and their beverage...premium only.
  3. gaz

NEW, IMPROVED RUBBER

Hello, My BroncoII is approximately +210 pounds sprung and +180 unsprung on the 4" suspension lift, my mass not included. It's primary duties will be cross country visit to family in Michigan and Florida, daily 175 mi round trip joint to work and back and camp adventures. It is getting either...
  4. gaz

Cant believe im saying this...

@rusty ol ranger Boycott beauty, raise the flag of function; haul off the dead, usher in guesting, then cover it with a sheet. Get to where there is an inside...AND an outside then spill some rattle can on good primer.
  5. gaz

2.9L JBA Header Installation.

@TexasDuck66 , In an attempt to get the highest efficiency from my headers I installed exhaust jackets (which immediately voided the header warranty). While they do not improve the look, they do help maintain the highest possible exhaust velocity...just a thought. I used Thermo-Tec exhaust...
  6. gaz

Ideas to make doors close softer/eliminate rattles

@Danno1985 I use Teflon oil on the hinges and locking mechanisms. The real money made is asking passengers to please close the door with ease and gentile. Of course after they slam it and explain that they can not comprehend an old truck door closing better than any automobile they have ever...
  7. gaz

Dextron II substitute and Park Difficulty

@dbuser2 , If you are at all concerned about mixing fluids, there is absolutely no way it can be avoided by a simple fluid drop, more fluid will remain in the system than you are able to remove. To my knowledge, the current go-to transmission fluid will cover the requirements of the former. If...
  8. gaz

2.9L JBA Header Installation.

@TexasDuck66 , After a week, swimming in penetrating oil, then using my prize Mac impact driver 6 of the 12 bolts sheared off flush. I vowed to never again even considered pulling exhaust manifolds with the engine installed. Removing those sheared fasteners would have taken me much less time...
  9. gaz

D35 TTB beam angle

@scotts90ranger Would pictures of extended radius arms installed help?
  10. gaz

For Sale 1987 Bronco II

@jtaborsky I would definitely like to see 14,000 pics. If I had the room, It would be sold; you have arguably one of the best optimized versions of a BII!
  11. gaz

1995 4.0 missfire

@chiri I have only had a 2 stock Ford hi pressure fuel pumps go bad but when the 1st one died, I bought an off brand replacement...it did not carry the torch well. All of the stock Ford fuel pumps turned out to be made by Bosch. Since learning this I will only buy a Bosch replacement. In my...
  12. gaz

AR-15 shooters....

I had .40 cal Beretta Storm carbine. Very neat design, a pleasure to shoot, very intimidating, menacing looking firearm. It doesn't pack near the punch of .223 or come close to it's range but for home defense it is on point.
  13. gaz

1994 B4000 running rough

@Sagerific95 The 93-94 EGR 4.0l was rated at 23.8 mpg and the 93-94 FEDERAL at 22 and change. Ford chose to go in an odd direction with the changes Incorporated in the OHV 4.0 vs their 2.9 exhaust manifold. The 2.9's exhaust manifold inlets are nearly matched to the heads exhaust port outlets...
  14. gaz

1994 B4000 running rough

@Sagerific95 Your response informs me that you did away with the camshaft position sensor, is this a fact? YouR 93 was assembled with: • 98 spec fast burn heads = +1 point compression • from the pic, some milling was perform on your 93 block = plus some more compression • pictured are original...
  15. gaz

1995 4.0 missfire

@chiri I recommend determining why your fuel pressure is dropping. It should be constant while running and should not bleed off after shutdown; because I have seen the pressure solid after months of sitting, I know that it requires a failure to perform different.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad