• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by gkorgood

1. Stripped Cadmium Plating on Knuckle Insert between Axle and Hub

Just to clarify, you wouldn’t think twice about using it as in it’s good to go or as in it’s trash and replace it?
  2. 4.0 SOHC to 4.0 OHV Engine will Crank but not Start, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Injectors not Firing

I did finally get the engine to crank, start, and run. Turns out the inertia fuel switch was disconnected, which I missed when I checked whether it had been tripped due to the plug being under the carpet. Stupid oversight, but at least I got it running. Upon taking it around the block, I...
  3. Stripped Cadmium Plating on Knuckle Insert between Axle and Hub

In the process of rebuilding my 2002 FX4 front end, I have replaced almost all the parts with the exception of the lower control arms/torsion bars and the knuckles and hubs/bearings. The control arms, hubs/bearings, and torsion bars are in good shape, but the knuckles had a coating of surface...
  4. 4.0 SOHC to 4.0 OHV Engine will Crank but not Start, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Injectors not Firing

PATS works fine with the 2000 key and cranks, but it still won't start. I just tried the 2002 key to verify pats would give a fault with it and that the theft light trouble codes worked, and they did.
  5. 4.0 SOHC to 4.0 OHV Engine will Crank but not Start, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Injectors not Firing

I've wired it up as described (finally, took all week of working on it when I got home from actual work). It still cranks but also still won't fire. The fuel pump relay still seems like it's not priming correctly, though instead of a rapid double click it sounds like 2-3 clicks with a slight...
  6. 4.0 SOHC to 4.0 OHV Engine will Crank but not Start, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Injectors not Firing

Found the module in the 2000, the 2002 had this module in the same spot. Got some diagrams off Alldata as well. 2002 Anti Theft Wiring Diagram, 2000 Anti Theft Wiring Diagram, 2000 PATS Connector Pinout, 2002 Central Security Module Pinout (C274a), 2002 CSM Pinout (C274b). Trying to figure out...
  7. 4.0 SOHC to 4.0 OHV Engine will Crank but not Start, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Injectors not Firing

I do have the 2000 still, is this issue solved as simply as swapping the pats modules between the two? I had the 2002 pats module out thinking unplugging it would solve it but it didn't, so I put it back. Will they interchange or will the 2000 not play nice with the 2002 key? I can deal with...
  8. 4.0 SOHC to 4.0 OHV Engine will Crank but not Start, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Injectors not Firing

I am in the military here. And I didn't change the head gaskets because the SOHC is a ticking time bomb anyways with the timing chain guides, as well as a personal preference for pushrods over overhead cams
  9. 4.0 SOHC to 4.0 OHV Engine will Crank but not Start, Fuel Pump Relay and Fuel Injectors not Firing

Hey all, I'm at a loss. Swapped my known good 4.0 OHV out of my crashed 2000 4x4 into a newly acquired 2002 FX4 which had a blown head gasket on its 4.0 SOHC (but ran *just* well enough to get it on and off a trailer). Both manuals, swapped PCM appropriately, using the 2002 body side connector...
  10. SOHC to OHV 4.0 Swap, PCM shutting off fuel pump/injectors

Hey all, long time lurker but just made an account to ask this, because I'm at a loss. Swapped my known good 4.0 OHV out of my crashed 2000 4x4 into a newly acquired 2002 FX4 which had a blown head gasket on its 4.0 SOHC (but ran *just* well enough to get it on and off a trailer). Both manuals...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad