• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Got302ci

1. 4.6 Swap Tutorial

So here is my 99 ranger that I swapped a 4.6 that I hand built into. First off I wanna say that my number one objective during this swap was to not mod the body or frame in any way. In other words everything I did to bolt in the 4.6 was using brackets or off the shelf Ford parts so that I could...
  2. 4.6 SOHC swap thread/tutorial

So here is my 99 ranger that I swapped a 4.6 that I hand built into. First off I wanna say that my number one objective during this swap was to not mod the body or frame in any way. In other words everything I did to bolt in the 4.6 was using brackets or off the shelf Ford parts so that I could...
  3. 4.6 swap questions

I am in the process of swapping a SOHC 4.6 into my 99 ranger, I got the motor and trans in place and got the trans bolted up to the crossmember, quesiton I need answered is How many inches offset is the crank centerline from the center of the truck??? All I need is someone to measure there...
  4. Bought a 99' planning a 4.6 swap got some Q's!!

Just picked up an immaculate 99 short box reg cab 2wd, its got the 4cyl with a 5 speed. I am plnning on swapping in a 4.6 and manual trans. Questions: 1. I know all about the PI vs non PI heads on these, question is though can I get a 4.6 from a truck and swap on a car intake?? 2. What trans...
  5. Best year for turbo 2.3 and what trans???

Got a 95 ranger that I put a 302 in, its getting old and gets horrible mileage for the power it has. I am going to put a turbo 2.3 in it all I need to know is what were the best years to look for?? Also what manual transmissions bolt up to it?? Its 2wd btw. Do these motors use the small block...
  6. Easiest ranger to swap V8 Explorer Powertrain into?

I want to swap the Engine, Trans and AWD transfercase from a explorer/mountaineer into a ranger. I wanna leave it AWD and utilize the stock explorer transmission/tcase What would the easiest year ranger to do this swap on???
  7. Is the GT-40 the best 302 for the money??

Whats the best 302 for the money?? I put a 302 from a town car in my ranger but it is the non-HO and evantually I am goin to swap it out for somthing better and wanna know what the best engine would be?? Here are the engines I know of: GT-40 from exploders GT-40P from exploders (not shure of...
  8. Almost done with the 302 swap, encountered a problem!!

Hey so I have been working on swapping a 302 into my 1995 ford ranger. Originally had a 2.3L and it decided it didnt like the #2 con rod so it parted with it at 70mph. Anyways I bought a 1988 Lincoln Town car for $400 and drove it an hour home and it ran 110%, had lots of power and only had...
  9. Carnage!!

Ok so a little back story: Bought the ranger off CR for $400, it had a blown HG between #3 & #4 cylinders. I pulled the head and replaced the HG, checked the head, was flat and I replaced all the head bolts with brand new ones. So about 2000 miles later it started running rough, only at idle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad