• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by greenbastard98

1. Grinding/Buzzing noise when letting of the gas on the highway in 2wd

I recently bought a 1998 ranger 4.0 4x4 5 speed that use to be my buddies back in highschool with a rebuilt engine but has been passed down the line atleast 3 times until it got to me so its hard to say what has and hasnt been done correctly to it. I recently noticed a grinding or buzzing noise...
  2. Another dumb CV axle question

Just pulled the driver side cv axle from my 1998 ranger, this bearing and plastic ring were snap ringed onto the outer spindle, do replacements from oriellys have these already attached or will I have to reinstall on new part? What are these parts called? Axle has been ordered and will be here...
  3. Driver side cv axle slipped out of hub

I wouldn’t be surprised of that but how did the yoke just slip right out of the hub if it did? Shouldn’t there be some retaining rings to keep it in place? There are two snap rings still attacked on the spindle that came out, I’ve never really worked on a 4x4 do I couldn’t say what’s what
  4. Driver side cv axle slipped out of hub

I know the truck has aftermarket torsion key lift, couldn’t tell you how much they’ve been cranked but the cv axle that is still intact is at a pretty harsh angle around 35°-45°
  5. Driver side cv axle slipped out of hub

I recently bought this 1998 ranger 4.0 with a manual transmission and 4x4, today I tried to see if 4x4 was working and set t case to 4 high and locked front hubs (after market rugged ridge manual lock) and drove on pavement under 10mph to a place I could drive in a circle and listen for skipping...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad