• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by harleytech

1. Help! 4 lows gone!

Went out this weekend wheelin like a champ in 4 low and heard a clunk pop and no more 4 low 4 hi and 2 wd still work and no clunkin or grinding unless put into 4 low this is turn nob 4x4
  2. Anyone elses truck a dog in 4x4?

I gotta weird issue with my 96 mazda 4x4 its a 4.0 with 5 speed 3.73 gears front and rear, 31X10.5 anytime i bog it down in 4x4 it will start to spin and then dog and stall out, the only way to get it moving is burn the hell out of the clutch to get the wheels to spin wtf is up with this? once...
  3. speedo calibration help?

I have put in a 3.73 exploder rear axle and 31x10.5 under my truck and really need help figurin out what i need to do to recalibrate the speedo without buying a tuner. any ideas thoughts or help? original gears were 3.27 and tires were 245x75
  4. speedo calibration help?

I have put in a 3.73 exploder rear axle and 31x10.5 under my truck and really need help figurin out what i need to do to recalibrate the speedo without buying a tuner. any ideas thoughts or help? original gears were 3.27 and tires were 245x75
  5. need brake help bad please!

96 Mazda 4x4 drove up to north Ga now the brakes are soft and pedal will get sorta firm then go all the way to the floor before stopping, great front pads, ok back shoes, just pulled all 4 wheels readjusted rear brakes tightened caliper mounting bracket on front corner, fluid was in the mid...
  6. couple axle questions.

Ok I did read the sticky on axles.Heres my story and questions.I just bought a dana 35 out of a 92 explorer at the junk yard to replace mine as due to a wreck my truck was in.I found out it has a 3.73 gear set already in it where my 96 mazda has a 3.27 in it.would it be worth it to go ahead and...
  7. differance between a 28 and 35?

all im interested in is the i beam cause i bent my driverside one is there any differances in those between a dana 28 and a dana 35?
  8. swap or fix?

steering box broke and seperated from the steering column while driving, i lost control and ran over a bunch of junk in a construction site
  9. swap or fix?

I have a 96 mazda that im pretty sure ive been the front ttb (tires are toes out and lean in bad plus the drivers side is pushed backwards about 3 inches or so) would it be better in your opinion to replace the stock junk or swap in a 44?
  10. on a 4x4 how can i tell or check if ttb bent?

I lost the steering in my 96 mazda 4x4 and ran over some stuff there's no visible damage to the front undersides of the truck but my tires are now toed out and canted in at the top. I do know at least the driver side has been pushed up to hit the top back of the fender well and the radius arm...
  11. serious help! lost steering while driving

the steering shaft came loose from the steering box while i was driving down the road. the splined end of the shaft where it goes into the steering box screwed all the way into the box allowing the shaft to come loose and pour fluid everywhere and me to loose all steering. how do i fix this?is...
  12. installing cruise???

Anyone know how hard it is or would be to install cruise control into a 96 mazda... all the wiring should already be in place right?
  13. flakey odo and trip????

need ideas on how to fix my odo and trip it will work for a few miles then quit and then start again everytime i stop and shut the truck off this is annoying as hell
  14. 96 auto to manual hub conversion?

what does it take to swap from the auto hubs to manual hubs on the front end of a 96?
  15. need pic help with driveshafts!!!!!

i have a 90 ranger supercab with the 2 piece driveshaft ...it keeps eating carrier bearings and vibrating need pics to see how your is set up ive tried turning the driveshaft backwards?forwards? (slip yoke to the bottom end currently) rotating it 180% inline with the upper driveshaft and 45% to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad