• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by hoffdawg

1. hoffdawg

What will fit

I have a 86 ranger std cab sitting on a 91-94 frame. the guy that had the truck before me had a 302 in the truck at one time. I was just wondering what 5.0 motors will fit in my truck. will a 5.0 from a 94 f105 fit? thanks
  2. hoffdawg

4.2l jeep to 1986 ranger

will a 89 wrangler 4.2 fit into a 86 ranger? How much work will be required? I have no motor or trans right now, and really want to get my truck up and running. It had a 3.0 in it, but can't find one of those around here anywhere.
  3. hoffdawg

4.0 swap

I have a 86 Ranger, the motor that came out of it was a 91-94 3.0. I got a 99 4.0 out of an explorer that I am wanting to put in my Ranger. I noticed the motor mounts we different. I was wondering it the mounts out of the explorer will work on my ranger. I know that I will have to get the wiring...
  4. hoffdawg

95 Explorer to Ranger

I found a 95 Explorer motor and trans with computer for a good price. Not sure if it is the 3.0 or 4.0 but with the transmission being a 4R44E, I am guessing a 3.0. Would this combo work in my Ranger? It is a 86 body on a 91-94 frame.
  5. hoffdawg

swap or pass

Ok, so my Ranger had a 3.0 in it. The motor was a 91-94, and my body is a 86. I pulled the motor and tranny because it went out on me. I found a 2.9 motor and tranny out of a BII. It is a 88. There is no info on the 2.9, except that it ran when it was parked. The other part is the BII is a...
  6. hoffdawg

3.0 motor and trans needed

I am looking for a 3.0 motor and 4x4 trans. Would also consider doing a 5.0 swap. I am in central texas.
  7. hoffdawg

Auto to manual

OK, this might be in the wrong place, but I don't know where to post this. So here goes.. I have a 1986 Ranger 4x4. The motor that is in it is a 91-94 3.0 4x4. I can get a good deal on a 2.9 motor and transmission out of a 1988 BII. My motor and trans are both shot, and don't have time or place...
  8. hoffdawg

3.0 question

Would the wiring be the same from a 3.0 with single coil and a 3.0 with coil pack?
  9. hoffdawg

3.0 to 4.0

Ok, so I have a Frankenstein truck. The body is a 1986, not sure what the frame is, the motor is a 1991-1994. It is a 3.0 and 4 wheel drive. 2" body lift and 4" suspension lift sitting on 33's. I believe the rear end was swapped with a 8.8. I want to swap my 3.0 with a 4.0. I know I will have...
  10. hoffdawg

3.0 transmission to a 2.9 motor???

Will a 1988 Bronco II 2.9 motor mount up to a 1991 Ranger Transmission. Both are 4x4.
  11. hoffdawg

Tube bumper?

Anyone have a tube bumper on their ranger or know where I could get one?
  12. hoffdawg

3.0 no power/spark

I have a 1986 Ranger, not sure what year the motor is, but it is a 3.0. I replaced the starter and it was for a 96, and the ignition coil was for a 86. SO I am lost. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I overheated the engine, and the tranny wasn't shifting right, which caused the overheating. It stalled...
  13. hoffdawg

new from Texas

From Texas, Hope to learn about Rangers on here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad