• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by hoohah797

1. Not the Usual Clunk

I've read numerous things about the clunk when accelerating or slowing down. The clunk I have is going from a level and making a turn uphill or downhill. It only does it when I get body flex. It feels like its in the rear end. Possible the suspension? Hard starts and stops won't awaken the...
  2. Tach Sticking

So, my tachometer sticks when it goes up and down. Coming home on the interstate today it read 3000 rpm with I was going 60 mph, this was incorrect. I smacked the top of the dash and it dropped to 2200. When going through town, it sticks between shifts. I've already pulled it once and gave all...
  3. Mirror Swap

I have an 01 Ranger XLT. Would I be able to swap the lighted side view mirrors off of, say, the same era explorer? If so, does anybody know where I could wire in the power supply? Dome light possibly?
  4. Gauge Swap Question

I want to swap my black instrument cluster for a white faced. I have an 01 Ranger with manual trans and 4wd. Does it matter if the donor dash is manual or auto? What I want to avoid is the gear indicator associated with the auto trans. My current dash is just a black piece of plastic where the...
  5. Location of the IAC?

On a 2001 Ranger 4.0L, where would the IAC be located?
  6. Front Diff Pinion Seal Replacement Question

After changing my TC motor, I noticed my front diff was leaking from the input shaft. I've been thinking about replacing it and I keep reading about a collapsible spacer (crush ring). When I look at the parts list online, I can't seem to find the spacer, or the nut for that matter. Does anyone...
  7. 4WD Lo? Yes. 4WD Hi? No...

I used the search function, but I didn't see anything like what I'm experiencing. I have a 2001 Ranger V6 4.0. When I attempt to shift from 2HI to 4HI, it is sporadic. Once in a blue moon it will go in, but most of the time the CM clicks a number of times, the 4WD light flashes then goes out. I...
  8. Did I screw up my truck?...

So, the last time I drove my truck, it was the in the middle of a torrential downpour. Well, I parked her for about a week with the e-brake set. Well I wasn't thinking and the rear brakes seized. When I moved her today, I used 4 LO to get her rolling. The rear wheels stayed locked and the rear...
  9. Fuel Line Clips

I attempted to replace my fuel filter this evening. On top of Advance Auto giving me the wrong filter, I broke not one, but all three of the disconnect clips. Does anyone know of a source for replacement clips? A search of the forum leads me to believe the stealership will be of no help...
  10. Kudos to the Stealership

Not sure the appropriate section for this so I'll put it in the general discussion. Mods feel free to move. I recently purchased a 2001 Ranger from Washington Ford in PA. I noticed some things wrong with the vehicle after I had taken delivery. Namely, driver's side window and door lock not...
  11. New to Ranger, but not to Ford

Hey guys! Last Saturday I traded in my '95 F-150 on a 2001 Ranger. Mostly pleased with the purchase. Has 48,000 mi on it and the only problems seem to be minor; pass pwr window and door lock not working and a malfunctioning 4x4 control module. I purchased it from the guys Washington Ford out of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad