• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Hrphilipson

1. 86 ranger 2.9 wiring question

Thats what im trying to acheive after removing the engine/ecu harness to go carburated v8......getting power back to cab electronics. I have the main black/orange wire from starter relay B+ that wraps around above the radiator and ties into a few other black/orange AND a yellow wire via a sort...
  2. 86 ranger 2.9 wiring question

So the 2 yellow wires that come off the ECA relay.....where do they go and do they supply power to the body circuits possibly? In the attached diagram, i cant tell how they end up in the power distribution box and dont know what/where the solid state deal is?
  3. 86 ranger 2.9 wiring question

Ok. Clears that up, thanks
  4. 86 ranger 2.9 wiring question

Should the red/lt gr wire in the, i believe, 8 pin connector be connected to B+ (through eca relay or not)?
  5. 86 ranger 2.9 wiring question

Ill look into this all. Im able to get the 2.9 harness back, so i can dig through it and use whats necessary
  6. 86 ranger 2.9 wiring question

So the solid yellow wire that comes out of the firewall ties into the black and orange stripe wires at this junction, which is what comes from the B+ side of solenoid. Along side it is a yellow wire with white stripe. That i dont see where it goes to immediately
  7. 86 ranger 2.9 wiring question

Ok so im doing a carb v8 swap, and removed the engine harness with the engine. Both went together when i sold the engine. I have the battery hooked up, positive to solenoid, negative grounded to frame and body, and the factory black/orange main power wire attached to battery side of solenoid as...
  8. Fuel line indentification

I figured, but both lines are 5/16". Only the connector is 3/8"
  9. Fuel line indentification

Ok so i know i can supply power to intank fuel pump and find out, but hoping to not make a mess. I have an 86 ranger originally 2.9 FI. Im doing a 302 carb swap and running lines to the new regulator (eliminating high pressure pump of course). The 2 lines going to the surge/filter canister, one...
  10. 86 ranger lift questions

Well great to know, thank you. I am glad you chimed in haha. First hand experience is gold. I figure the 1986 leafs have some sag, and im really a "do it right" kinda guy. Just sucks that doing it right isnt cheap haha
  11. 86 ranger lift questions

Sooo these https://ntwonline.com/83-97-ford-ranger-4-rear-leaf-spring-skyjacker-suspension/ .....will require the oem block with "wing" to achieve the 4" lift?
  12. 86 ranger lift questions

So the options im considering are skyjacker soft ride 4" coils in front with the original leafs and 4" blocks (oem block removed) Or Skyjacker soft ride 4" coils in front and skyjacker 4" lift leafs in the rear (oem block removed). I dont mind factory like rake but level is nice too.
  13. 86 ranger lift questions

Yes has the bumper wing on it. Oh for sure doing drop brackets, im just wanting to get it semi level after the new lift. Im doing radius arms, drop brackets, etc. I have to order it all seperate due to the axles im gonna use. So want to make sure i order the correct lift amount...front and rear
  14. 86 ranger lift questions

So my 86 xlt 4x4 has a 2" block in the rear, is that standard oem? Also im wanting to do a 4" lift would i do 4" lift coils in front and 3" lift leafs in the rear and eliminate the "oem block"?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad