• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jaronpham

1. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

Thanks guys. you are heroes. The truck is running well, and indeed I have learned a lot haha. The only thing is that the battery light is on in the dash. Perhaps it just means the battery needs some charging since the lights have been on quite a lot during the troubleshooting? EDIT: I've...
  2. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

do you guys think there's any possibility the DRL module is gaining power through a short? or does the fact I can shut it off through the removal of the DRL fuse in the engine compartment proves that it isn't? I suppose there could be a short in between the battery and engine fuse box but that...
  3. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

I think the DRL module is toast. Because the lights wont turn off even with the key out and engine off. Thinking I'll just pull fuse 21 in the engine box and call it day, that seems to be a safe bet? Unless the cause is not a faulty DRL and actually a short to power somewhere along the line? I...
  4. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

You are correct, when I remove the 15 amp fuse 21 in the engine box the lights still operate manually. I'm leaning towards the DRL module acting up. I was totally unaware of the DRL until the replies on this forum, which now is a relief. I was so confused as to why the headlights seemed to be on...
  5. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

I was under the impression that they the same bulb? How would I tell the difference? All I can see is the lights that are always one seem less bright than the lowbeams that I switch on manually.
  6. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

ok thanks! I appreciate the photo, i'll go check. so strange, seeing as both issues (the fuel issue and eternal headlights) both arose at the same moment.
  7. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

hi, thanks for your interest in my fiasco. I have been playing w that 15amp fuse throughout the day, when I pull it the lights turn off. It seems to be the lowbeams that are always on. Which is even more strange, if what youre saying is true about the DRL energizing the high beams. Is that...
  8. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

thanks. ever heard of any issues w lighting happening after an inertia switch being flipped?
  9. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

Hi yes just the headlights. also, do you know where the DRL module is located on a 93 ranger 4.0? can't seem to locate it. so strange, I narrowed the issue down to me bumping the inertia switch while wrestling the exhaust manifold. I can start the truck now but cant get these damn headlights...
  10. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

Hmm interesting. I'll take a look and maybe give the combination switch a a wiggle. Perhaps that's the issue. Not sure if you saw my latest reply, but I discovered the inertia switch had been flipped, I reset it now and the truck started up. Lights are still always on though!
  11. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

Okay, the inertia switch had been flipped. Reset and truck started up. Headlamps still always on though...????
  12. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

Thank you tons! I'll wait to hear from you, still searching for the issue as we speak
  13. Short to power?? Headlights always on, truck won't start

I recently was working on my transmission, exhaust, and transfer case and in process have somehow created a new problem. My 93 Ranger 4.0 won't start (will crank but wont turn over) and there seems to be a possible fuel delivery problem? A clue is that now the headlights won't turn off, pointing...
  14. Mysterious loss of power during acceleration/uphill

No wires pinched. I'm assuming that somewhere that headlamp circuit is drawing power and restricting power to fuel system? I just can't find the headlamp relay to see if its malfunctioning.
  15. Mysterious loss of power during acceleration/uphill

Ok. Bear with me here. I narrowed down the problem to the Vehicle speed sensor on the transfer case. My brother was helping me and I believe he accidentally reattached the wiring harness to a connector on the transmission extension housing. I realized this, swapped the wiring harness to its...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad