• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jasongind

1. jasongind

Wiring Power Locks that were Manual?

I did the manual to power conversion and everything works great, except the locks. I wired them using two dpdt relays per the diagram... When I hit the lock switch it sounds like it wants to go but acts like it doesn't have enough power to move the actuator. I tested the hot and it is 13+...
  2. jasongind

Cannot get Fan off

I need to take the fan off of my '01 3L. I took the 4 bolts off the pully, slide it forward, put the bolts back in the water pump flange, used the special spanner tool on those 4 bolts (to keep the water pump and fan shaft from spinning), and then tried to loosen the fan shaft to the right. I...
  3. jasongind

Heavy Carbon Deposits

I just out the 1.8 roller rockers in on friday. I noticed heavy carbon deposits in the upper and lower intake and some sludge in the valve covers. I cleaned as much carbon from the upper intake as possible with some MAF cleaner and the sludge from the valve covers. What can I do to clean the...
  4. jasongind

2001 3.0 1.8:1 Roller Rockers Installed

I installed the roller rockers in my '01 3.0, 4x4, manual last night. Install couldnt be easier. Just like Tom said, unbolt one & bole the new one in. I read through a how-to that is posted on Rager-Forums (http://www.ranger-forums.com/f59/how-install-morana-roller-rockers-3-0-a-84419/) great...
  5. jasongind

2001 3.0 Snorkle

So I made a custom snorkle for my 2001 3.0 on sunday. Basically I did a mix of the two that are posted in the tech library. I pulled the fender off, cut a 2" hole throught the inner fender wall and the air box. Then I ran a piece 0f 2" pvc through the wall and into the box, I put a 90* bend...
  6. jasongind

Limiting Factor?

i have an '01 SuperCab 3.0, Manual, 4x4, the max trailer weight is right around 2,400lbs. Which I was actually kind of surprised at, and not in a good way. I was looking into towing a 15 1/2' PlayMor camper tailer this weekend. It has a GVW of 3,500lbs. So, I'm obviously not towing it with my...
  7. jasongind

Power Window/Mirror/Lock Conversion How To

Here is a little how-to on converting manual window/mirror/locks to power. I have a 2001 and used a 1999 donor truck. I just took the entire door, cutting the wires where they go into the cab. Once I got the donor door home I simply pulled the panel. I’m not going to go into how to do that. Once...
  8. jasongind

HELP! Power window/lock/mirror Wiring

I have just transplanted the power window motor and gear ass., Power mirror, and power lock from a '99 into my manual '01. I thought I had the wiring figured out but apparently not. I need help on what to hook up where. I have the stock wiring harness, just cut it at the boot that goes from the...
  9. jasongind

Western Washington 2001 V8 Converstions?

Hello, I am looking to see if anyone living in Western Washington has done a V8 converstion on a 2001+. I would really like to do it this coming summer but I'm iffy on the electrical. It would be great to have someone near that could give advice or possibly lend a hand...
  10. jasongind

My Interior Upgrades

First off I have to thank Oh2Ranger and Jim Oaks for the insperation and info they provided. Basically all I did was got the silver and white cluster, silver cluster bezel, silver climate contol unit, and silver radio bezel out of an '02 Sprortrac. I also got the OHC and varitey mirror from an...
  11. jasongind

Another Seat Question, '03Escape

I have an '01 4 door 60/40 and found some really nice black leather/power/heated '03 Escape seats. I measured the tracks & Escape are 15" wide and mine are 10" wide. I read in another post to just unrivet the mounts and put mine ont he escape and it will work. I dont understand how this will...
  12. jasongind

A/C Clutch or Compressor

about a month ago my a/c clutch started screaming. It did it the whole time the engine was running then stopped after two days. Now my a/c doesn't blow cold. Is the compressor its self bad or just the clutch? If its just the clutch can I do at home without having to evacuate the syatem?
  13. jasongind

Right Trailer Light not Working

Ok, not sure if this should go in here or one of the electrial sub forums. Anyhow, I have an '01 4x4, four door. I hooked up my trailer to it and the right side light isnt working at all, no brake, running, blinker, nothing. So I got one of those electricle tester with the leds you just plug...
  14. jasongind

Coil Pack Backwards?

I have an 2001 3.0, 4x4. I just pulled my wires off to warrenty them and put the new ones on peer the diagram in the Haynes manual. Well i noticed when i pulled 4-5-6 wires they all came off the right side (passenger) of the coil pack. The haynes maual and in the tech library has the on the left...
  15. jasongind

'01 Manual to Power

I want to do the windows and locks to power on my '01 4x4. Is it as simple as pulling motor, wiring harness and door panels from a similar year and installing? Do I need to get anything else? Are there any known issues with doing this that make it a pain? There is a '01 at the salvage yard with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad