• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jballard81

1. jballard81

Jballard81's 1994 super cab 4.0 4x4 Restore

I 'fixed' mine for now. Will need to check the yards and make a decision on Frankensteining a kit from after market parts. Kind of looks bad there, but that's 3 layers of aluminum tape pushed down over each broken ridge and then smoothed out so that the tape has as good of a chance at...
  2. jballard81

Changed out my turn signal relay and serpentine belt today. While putting my air intake back into place I noticed something a little strange Of course replacements for the 4.0 are unobtainium. Washed mine off with degreaser and it's drying in the sun now. Will hit it with the HVAC aluminum...
  3. jballard81

Wet headliner, but at least my wipers worked!

I made a gasket for my cargo light. Today I went through a rain storm. It was NOT the problem :icon_rofl: So I need to replace the butyl tape on the rear window. 🤬 Looks like I'm going to be pulling the interior again. Though I'm looking for a replacement for the whole b-pillar trim I broke...
  4. jballard81

Cluster illumination trouble shooting help

It was the fuse for the park lights. Just finished getting everything back together. The newly acquired key in switch sensor works! Both door jamb switches work and the courtesy light works as it should. I think that's the end of my lighting gremlins (hopefully!) Now onto dealing with the...
  5. jballard81

Cigar lighter - Hot at all times, can that be changed?

Finally got around to doing this today since I had my dash all torn apart. Thank you for the step by step directions! Went smoothly.
  6. jballard81

I measured ohms across the dimmer circuit and it performed as expected. I tested the cluster with the knob fully clockwise as well as turning it all the way back down to the dome light detent. no difference i popped the fuse for the park lights somehow. i replaced that 15A and park lights are...
  7. jballard81

-doesn't matter if the cluster was pulled out or pushed back into place, no lights either way :(. -i thought for sure it was one of the terminals as well. so i carefully pried all of them up a little. no lights -inspection of the connectors at the terminals seems ok, no obvious breaks in the...
  8. jballard81

94 ranger, dash wasn't lighting up on the tach side. so pulled it apart and replaced the 194 bulbs. I initially replaced them with LEDs, which was a bad idea. but plugged it in, and turned the lights on and all of them flashed on then turned back off. So it was at least working at that point...
  9. jballard81

dug into it some more and found that this 'should' be the equivalent fob: https://www.amazon.com/Code-Alarm-CRCX3-Replacement-Transmitter/dp/B0074JYVXW the previous owner gave me a 4 button fob, which after googling it's FCCID (CWTWB1U331), was meant for a 315hz system not a 314hz system like...
  10. jballard81

If this little slip of paper i found is to be believed, the FCC ID is: GOH-052-RMTPL FCC Link PAT# 5,049,867 has what i assume is a date of 8/92 on it as well. Google Fu is strong today. found some interesting stuff from a Subaru guy: https://www.randomsoup.com/subie/huggyalarm.html Here's the...
  11. jballard81

Well look what I found today. Never really noticed it before I only found it today bc I'm trying to figure out why my red brake warning light won't go off. I'm guessing someone previously did something sketchy with the switch that checks the ebrake. It's unfortunately in my way as well. I...
  12. jballard81

had a little luck at the boneyard today. replacement plastic for my instrument gauges. unfortunately the seats in the 92 explorer were no good, but i remembered to snag some pigtails for the door ajar switches I was also hoping to grab the 'key in switch' wire from the 92 but the ignition was...
  13. jballard81

I will look for the spray for the glass. After I cleaned up the switches on the passenger side (they were pretty corroded), it seems there is more power going to the passenger window and it goes up and down pretty nice now. It still needs to be replaced at some point since the regulator is...
  14. jballard81

Boneyard near me got a 92 explorer in today and 96 that appears to have a good Captain's seat if it's still there. The 92 has a lot of odds and ends on the interior that I need and the 96 has an overhead console. I saw that they want $40+ per headlight assembly... I could buy new aftermarket...
  15. jballard81

Since I'm cheap, I got the wrong Xmas tree fasteners. I've been looking for a paint for them and think I found something pretty close Krylon matte deep gray. Incorrect color on the bottom right. Not perfect, but here's how it looks in the truck Would be great if it was a shade or so darker...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad