• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jcrow123

1. Replace 3.0 L with 4.0 L

Just a thought that the 4L didn't have the rear cylinder cooling problem and was a better engine all around than the 3L "which was not a truck design and was just lifted from a taurus" I admit I didn't think it through. At least I didn't do what I usually do which would be go buy a motor rip...
  2. Replace 3.0 L with 4.0 L

I am planning to replace the 3.0 L motor with a 4.0 L motor, do I need to get another computer, torque converter or fuel injectors and pump to match the new motor? Or is it OK to use the old parts on the new motor? Been getting a lot of free bad advice I would appreciate any advice from TRS...
  3. Replacement bumper

Is there a source to replace the front bumper on a 2000 Ranger XLT with a solid piece instead of the the two piece with its wimpy valance. Like and old school steel bumper or maybe one from an old Bronco or similar?:icon_confused:
  4. Oil cooler and Power steering hoses

My 2000 xlt 3.0 has both a power steering cooler and an oil cooler. I want to replace the rubber hoses. I believe they are 3/8" ID for the power steering and 1/2" for the oil cooler. Is there anything special about the hoses or can I use standard heavy walled rubber hose for both applications. I...
  5. Ford Cooling System Hoses

What the heck is ford's problem, really expensive molded cooling system hoses. Really well made hoses but the OEM hoses are a tangle, especially heater hoses that run over the top of the engine getting in the way of everything. Especially the upper radiator hose that runs right on top of the...
  6. 2000 Ranger 3 liter head replacement

I have a cracked driver side Cylinders (4,5 and 6) head (2000 Ranger XLT 3.0 flex rear wheel drive AKA 4X2 I have ordered a replacement head, but I still have worries that their is a left and right side head. I have a local mechanic who will be doing the installation. I need to know if if the...
  7. 2000 Flex head replacement

I have a cracked left bank head on my 2000 3.0 Flex Ranger XLT Auto trans I know that the shape and volume of the the Ethanol/Gas head is different than the gas only version. I have wondered if the Flex fuel heads can be replaced with Gas only Heads?:icon_pepsi:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad