• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by JDiFet

1. 2000 Ranger rear axle swap, some guidance needed.

Ok, so it looks like they’re not as interchangeable as I thought. So it’s a no-go for a 2011 rear. To answer @lil_Blue_Ford, my axle tube has a big crack in it. I had it braced by a buddy who’s sort of familiar with rangers, and it worked for about a year, but it’s starting to leak again and I...
  2. 2000 Ranger rear axle swap, some guidance needed.

Hey guys, I have a 2000 ranger 4x4. It has the 8.8 28 splined rear. Due to its condition I need to replace it. I’m looking at a fairly newer rear out of a 2011 (also 8.8) but it has disc brakes. If I were to swap it in what would I need to change to accommodate the new disc brakes? As in brake...
  3. Brake line busted! Help!

Quick update: got the brake line out and the end that goes towards the axle is a regular inverted flare. But I can’t tell what the union side is. Is this considered a bubble flare?
  4. Brake line busted! Help!

Yeah I tried searching for pre-bent but can’t seem to find much. I figured I would have to flare my own, which isn’t a problem personally, I’ve done it before. Just wasn’t sure if all the brake line fittings were the same size or not.
  5. Brake line busted! Help!

I have a 2000 ranger 4wd. Today I found out one of the brake lines busted. I’m having trouble identifying what the name of the brake line is (I.e. intermediate line, front line, etc.) and what the thread pitch is of the fittings. ive attached a photo of the busted line. It seems to start at a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad