• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by jhknight56072

1. 1999 Ranger XLT 4.0 Misfire/rough

a new fuel filter was supposed to be installed with the new pump, but sometimes it doesn't get done right. thanks, worth a try.
  2. 1999 Ranger XLT 4.0 Misfire/rough

Ongoing issues with my 4.0. Often starts cold in winter on 4 or 5 cylinders. but no code, no fix. Recently started a severe lurch/shudder around 40 mph or less, usually lower rpm. varies, but usually I stand on it and downshift at 5000rpm gets smooth again. Sometimes starts with strong fuel...
  3. The Mysterious Case of the Disappearing Coolant

The coolant reservoir on my 1999 4.0 seems to empty itself. It only takes a few trips before I have to add to the tank again. I never see it more than half full when hot and I never see any liquid leaking anywhere, though sometimes I smell hot coolant aroiund the front end after parking in the...
  4. 99 Ranger whines

Last year I aquired a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT supercab Offroad 4x4 with 4.0 v-6 and automatic with the 4x4 selector knob, and 130,000 miles. The truck is in absolutely fantastic condition exept for an annoying whine that seems to come up between the cab and box at around 55mph. This is most...
  5. 4.0 guzzler? afraid to ask

I have a 1999 Ford RAnger XLT offroad 4x4 supercab with 4.0 What are others getting for miles per gallon with this rig? I'm getting around 16mpg driving like a grampa on back roads 55mph. :3gears: IF anyone has found a way to do better tell me please or I'm putting this thing on blocks!
  6. whines annoying

Last year I aquired a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT supercab 4x4 with 4.0 v-6 and automatic with the 4x4 selector knob, and 130,000 miles. The truck is in absolutely fantastic condition exept for an annoying whine that seems to come up between the cab and box. This is most noticeable with the rear slider...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad