• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by josh-the-ranger

1. josh-the-ranger

SWAP: 97ex v8 into 03 ranger 4.0 pats?

I have a donor 97 explorer 5.0 I swapped the complete engine, tranny, wiring harness, comp into my 03 4x4 4.0 ranger. The problem is I seem to have a pats issue with my 03 rangers ignition. I cannot find anyone else asking about this question. Am I right in thinking that I can just wire a push...
  2. josh-the-ranger

From Lowly beast to Rising barbarian

horse radish is cool
  3. josh-the-ranger

1996 Ranger 5.0L help

I have a 1996 ranger 2wd with a 5.0 swapped in. Recently it started running rough at idle. It will idle rough fluctuating between 300-600rpm and die after 30seconds-1min if not given gas. It almost feels as if its got a miss at low rpm's but I think this is due to the rough idle. Also if I am...
  4. josh-the-ranger

My xtended Cab SAS

Truck $50 New clutch $50 dana44 $20 Springs $160 Rearend+ brand new Tires&wheels $500 Front brakes $30 Bed $100 I know the steering setup sucks but i am waiting for my drop pitman arm and a new draglink/tierod. The bed isnt on straight but i will fix that to.
  5. josh-the-ranger

Dana 44 and Ford 9" Swap

Did you use your stock ranger steering? im trying to figure out if there is any bolt in steering draglink for my dana 44 swap
  6. josh-the-ranger

dana44 steering setup?

Im in the process of swapping in a dana44 off a 79f150, im curious if there is any bolt in steering available, or if my only option is custom made steering.
  7. josh-the-ranger

dana 44 shaft

A ttb shaft would not work? What about the hubs are they all the same? would i get about six inches of lift with 3 ½" Dever Super Flex coils in a 87 extended cab ranger 2.9l? http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-13206_super_flex_coils_3__.htm
  8. josh-the-ranger

dana 44 shaft

is there any interchangable shafts for a reverse cut dana44 out of a 79f150? i need the drivers side shaft, would a ttb shaft work? Another quick question i have is would the hubs and brake pads/rotors work off a ttb style f-150 world with a dana 44 straight axle?
  9. josh-the-ranger

speaker crackler cuts out.

My passenger side speaker crackles and cuts out when i drive but not if im just parked and listening to the radio or a cd. I have checked the wiring going from the speaker to the radio and it is two pieces meaning its two sepereate pieces that have been joined together. The connection is good...
  10. josh-the-ranger

wheel joint broke

My front drivers side wheel joint on my 84 ranger broke today. how hard of a fix is this, and can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks, Josh
  11. josh-the-ranger

driveshaft breaking u joints

I lifted my truck 4 inches 5 months ago. About 3 months ago i was out wheeling about 4 miles from my house. I noticed my truck clunking and checked my u joints and noticed the front u joint was super loose, on the way home my driveshaft fell out. I put a new heavy duty u joint in. Yesterday i...
  12. josh-the-ranger

rev limit

what should be the rev limit on the 2.8?
  13. josh-the-ranger

my awesome exhaust!

could this be why i lack power in my 2.8l ranger 5 speed 3.73 gears and 31's?
  14. josh-the-ranger

fuel mileage on a 2.8

i have a 83 4x4 ranger 2.8l 5 speed with 3 73 gears and 31's, im getting avg 13mpg. what kind of mpg do you guys get?
  15. josh-the-ranger

v6 weak

i have the 2.8 in my ranger 4wd. it seems pretty weak, im lucky if i can hit 60 on the highway. would pulling the emmisions and new exhaust help significantly?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad