• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Lakewind

1. 2005 Ranger 3.0 transmission type confusion.

Thanks Ron. That was very informative. I'm a little surprised the gasket supplier sent me the correct/incorrect 18 hole pan gasket using only the year, model and engine size. This would have really had us scratching our heads if not for your post.
  2. 2005 Ranger 3.0 transmission type confusion.

Thanks Franklin. I appreciate your response but according to your post of available transmission in a 2005 Ranger 3.0 4x2 automatic transmission I have a 5R55E transmission. With an 18 bolt transmission pan that is incorrect according to TheRangerstation.com. And if I read it correctly in...
  3. 2005 Ranger 3.0 transmission type confusion.

According to the tech section of this website my 2005 Ranger 3.0 (definitely a 3.0 V-6) has a 5R44E transmission. Transmission code D. The inside door panel shows a TRN code of D so I assumed tech section was correct. I bought this truck when it was a little over a year old with 20k miles on it...
  4. Transmission overdrive issues.

Hello Ron. I really appreciate your response and it's sounds like you have knowledge of this transmission and I'm thankful of that. I disconnected by negative battery cable for about 10 minutes reconnected, reset the clock, turned OD off and took it for a drive up to about 55 mph. I listened for...
  5. Transmission overdrive issues.

Thanks Josh. Good to meet you too.
  6. Transmission overdrive issues.

Hey everyone and Merry Christmas. This post is about a 2005 Ford Ranger 3.0 but since I tried the Ranger forum and nobody had encountered this issue before it was suggested that I try the Explorer forum because it has a similar transmission. The transmission is the 5R44E. The transmission shifts...
  7. 2005 Ranger 3.0 transmission overdrive issues

Thanks pjtoledo for your response. I'll will take your advice. The rangerstation.com claims the 5R44E transmission is the one in my 2005 Ranger so I thought I would try here first.
  8. 2005 Ranger 3.0 transmission overdrive issues

This must be a problem that only I have encountered.
  9. 2005 Ranger 3.0 transmission overdrive issues

My Ranger shifts smoothly in all gears. The problem is when I step on the gas and the trans tries to down shift from overdrive the transmission struggles and jutters. I can hit the O/D off button on the end of the turn signal and it will down shift from overdrive without issue but when I step on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad