• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Leever2000

1. Leever2000

2000 Ranger 2.5 I4 - transmission slipping

The Ranger is running again with a transmission that is no longer slippin! Thanks for all of the information
  2. Leever2000

Will do, and thanks for the information. I will add the Trans fix first then the ATF and not overfill.
  3. Leever2000

Answering Rusty ol Ranger - the fluid level is a low
  4. Leever2000

Background - a couple years back the Ranger was my daily driver until I saw the heavy corrosion on the frame. Aggressive rust/corrosion on the front passenger side where the strut tower/control arm etc... attach and would not be pretty if hit a pothole a higher speeds. Anyways decided to keep on...
  5. Leever2000

Transmission is slipping when cold and gradually works better when gets warm. Thinking about adding some transmission conditioner. Should I remove and replace transmission fluid first then conditioner or just add conditioner. Thoughts?
  6. Leever2000

2000 4cyl battery terminal connector?

I was able to tighten enough but will need to find another bolt. The nut was smaller that 7mm and bigger than 6mm. Maybe go to the bone yard and find one. Thanks for the confirmation
  7. Leever2000

2000 4cyl battery terminal connector?

Replaced the battery today after 7 years which was a good long time. The positive terminal connector is tightened by using a 5/16" socket/wrench but the negative terminal is something different. Is it supposed to be the same size or smaller size? It has been corroded and is smaller somewhere...
  8. Leever2000

2000 Ranger 2wd - no AC also air blowing from defrost vents only!

The vacuum reservoir is fine but don't know which one represents the vacuum reservoir (see pic below) Looks like I have 2 lines coming out of the vacuum reservoir, one line goes to the cab the other line was broke. Assume that one is the one to go to the intake but do not see any place to plug...
  9. Leever2000

The vacuum leak makes sense, I recently replaced the alternator (a month ago) and the black ball where two vacuum lines attach I believe were damaged? Assuming they are vacuum lines what size are they and is there a schematic for the vacuum lines so I can confirm the destination to and from the...
  10. Leever2000

turned on AC for the first time this year and noticed air does not blow from the face vents and only really blows from the defrost vents and not cool. Also notice the clutch on the AC compressor really never engages (looks like it tries to engage but just slips). In past I would hear a very...
  11. Leever2000

Alternator swap and thought it was a done deal.

from the looks of it don't think there is enough to crimp a new eyelet on.
  12. Leever2000

Alternator swap and thought it was a done deal.

Alternator stopped charging yesterday and today confirmed the alternator was not charging. Picked up a new alternator installed fairly quickly and went to hook up the 3 connectors and the one that is attached with the 10 mm nut is corroded to the point that I will need to get another cable. What...
  13. Leever2000

2000 Ranger 2.5 I4 - alternator replacement

When removing the alternator notice removal would be much easier if could remove the air box? Is there an easy way to remove this box? How is it fastened to the forward corner of the fender well? Alright I'm in a rush a little and did a search and the air intake box appears to be fastened by 4...
  14. Leever2000

2000 Ranger drivers side fender R&R

In process of removing the bolts and have all broke free except the 2 behind the turn signal. My question is how do I move the turn signal to get to the 2 bolt/screws?
  15. Leever2000

2000 Ranger - R&R drivers side fender

In process of removing the bolts and have all broke free except the 2 behind the turn signal. My question is how do I move the turn signal to get to the 2 bolt/screws? Moved thread over to disregard this thread Custom Bumpers - Sliders - Cages & Fabrication -

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad