• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ltbenji

1. ltbenji

Woes Finding Swaybar Bushings

I was under my truck changing the oil and noticed that the drivers side sway bar bushing was freely sliding along the bar. So I did the smart thing and went and ordered the parts...but when they came in they were wrong. I have spent time at the parts stores measuring and trying to find the...
  2. ltbenji

My Little Blue Ranger

Hey everyone. I've been semi active/observing on this forum for a couple years now and I've decided to finally start a work log...especially since I am starting on a big project for my truck. My 88 Ranger the day I bought it Washed and no wheel cap Painted the wheels silver....made a big...
  3. ltbenji

Ironing out my 88/89 Ranger

Evening everyone I've been running my 2.3 swap for about a year and a half now and it runs reliably but there are still a few kinks that need to be worked out. I am going to use this one thread for all the little bugs to keep it simpler. The truck is an 88 Ranger Ext Cab with the 2.3 FI and...
  4. ltbenji

Ranger Fuel System Woes

Hey Guys Today ended day two of trying to diagnose my Ranger. I've extensively searched the forums but cannot find the information I need. Here's the story. The truck is a 88 Ext Cab, single fuel tank, 89 engine and modified 88 wiring harness. 196k on the truck and about 60k on the engine...
  5. ltbenji

I suppose late is better than never...

Greetings all!! I have been on this forum for a while but just observing and learning. I live in Lynchburg Virginia and am the proud owner of a 88 XLT Ext Cab Day I bought it Most recent clean picture :) The truck is on it's second engine in the couple years I've owned it and I have...
  6. ltbenji

88 M5OD Lurches

Hey guys I've got an 88 ext cab 2WD with the 2.3 and the previously mentioned M5OD transmission. Truck has 162k on it and the clutch has around 1k When I go from accelerating to deaccelerating, the truck lurches once. It feels like there is slack in the driveline. Is this just how the...
  7. ltbenji

2.3 Swap Advice

Alright guys I have an 88 with the 2.3 that is starting to show its age. I have found a 89 that has been rolled but has a 2.3 with 7000 miles on the engine. Previous owner had a remaned engine installed and i saw the reciept and have heard the engine run. I am planning on buying the rolled...
  8. ltbenji

Missing and bucking 88 Ranger

Alright guys, got a 88 Ranger with the 2.3 4 cylinder Tuesday night I topped off my gas tank and drove home and parked the truck Wednesday morning I started it up and it was missing all the way to work At first it idled fine, but over the few days it now misses occasionally at idle and is...
  9. ltbenji

Pulley for 88 2.3

I've noticed there is a lot of wobble on the crankshaft pulley on my truck. I think this is causing excessive wear on my serpentine belt and am looking into replacing the pulley. I am aiming towards getting this underdrive pulley. It's a little cheaper than a direct replacement. Should it...
  10. ltbenji

Headlight problems - 88 Ranger

Hey guys Monday night I shut my headlights off and then they never came back on. Running and dash lights didn't work either. Before hand they would occasionally refuse to come on or would only come on after flicking the dimmer switch or headlight switch. When I picked the truck up Tuesday...
  11. ltbenji

88 Ranger 2.3 to V6 Swap....with a twist

Hey Guys I've got the previously mentioned 88 Ranger with the 2.3 4cylinder. I was wondering, would a 2.6 V6 out of a Mercury Capri fit into the bay and be a fairly easy swap? It's in the same family as the 2.8 Cologne V6's so I'm assuming it's just bored or stroked a little less than the...
  12. ltbenji

88 2.0 Engine Swap or Fix

Hey Guys I have an 88 Ranger with the 2.0 I4. Recently it has started using about a quart of oil every 100 miles. It's not smoking except when it starts. I know the valve guide seals need to be replaced but I think that this much missing oil is more than these seals. It also uses a...
  13. ltbenji

Mild lift for 1st and 2nd Gen Ranger

Hey Everyone I just got an 88 Ranger 2WD ext cab with the 2.3 engine and 14" tires. I am thinking about getting a 1"-2" lift to either balance the front and rear end or give the truck a slightly higher stance. Does anyone have pictures of a 83-92 Ranger with a 1-2 inch lift and 14" tires...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad