• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Luke2.9

1. Luke2.9

Dual Solenoid Valve problem. Options?

Many thanks for the replies, that was very helpful. Today I disassembled the RABS valve which was full of gunk. The outlet valve could not be actuated with 12v, the other one was fine. I could clean the small piston inside the solenoid and all the ports. After reassembling the valve worked...
  2. Luke2.9

Dual Solenoid Valve problem. Options?

Hi All, during brake bleeding on my 1989 Ranger 2.9 the dual solenoid valve between the master cylinder and rear axle closed up. Fluid gets into the intake but won't exit the valve. My parts dealer here in Germany charges a fortune for a refurbished valve so I'm looking for a better option. Is...
  3. Luke2.9

Lower/upper intake manifold installation

hi, I´m about to rebuild my 2.9 engine. next week i will install the new heads and reassemble everything else. So here´s the question: Which gaskets need high temp silicone and where do they need it? I checked the tech page for 2.9 head swaps but i´m afraid i still didn´t got it thanks
  4. Luke2.9

´89 Rebuilt....which parts to buy?

Hi...i´d like to rebuild my ´89 2.9 Ranger over the winter. I found some engine rebuild kits with large price range and some replacement heads, so which is the brand to choose? Maybe anyone knows some good online shops.... I´d be glad for any inspiration or advice thanks
  5. Luke2.9

K&N Filter Setup/ Low oil Pressure

I´m running a K&N Filter setup on my ´89 Ranger 2.9l. I´ve plugged the vacuum hoses on the old airbox. Since then oil pressure is lower than usual (no exact measurements yet). any ideas?
  6. Luke2.9

Distributor ´89 2.9l

where is the distributor fixed? i can move it easily by hand, ignition timing changes dramatically during driving. i can´t see or feel a single bolt that could fix the distributor in it´s proper position is the clamp bolt accessable from the pessenger side or the drivers side? thanks
  7. Luke2.9

´89 Ranger loosing coolant

I just bought my Ranger, and i knew it was loosing coolant but i saw it leaking from the hose between the radiator and the water pump, so i replaced the hose clips and both ends had become leakproof. Now the real problem: it still keeps leaking but i can´t see from where it bleeds. (Drops from...
  8. Luke2.9

Hello from Germany

Hi guys, this is Lucas (22) from Dortmund, Germany (so please excuse my poor english). I just bought a ´89 Ford Ranger XLT 2.9 US import and I love it, though it has some minor issues (more to it in the tech discussion forums). It´s my first Truck and my first US car so i´m really looking...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad