• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by max

1. Two piece drive shaft

Any way to fix the two piece drive shaft so it slides easily? I have been putting white grease in it about every two months works for a while then back to the same thing and it is a pain to try and do in the winter. Thanks
  2. transmission will not go into overdrive

My transmission will not go into overdrive when I am on the highway it seems as thought it is in 4th gear When I get on it it seems as thought it will not kick down an pick up speed. Any ideas or suggestions?
  3. Tightened the bands on the auto trans now I have problems

I have a 99 ranger 3.0 I tightened the bands on the trans as per the instructions. I tightened them to 125 inch pounds and back them off 2 complete turns. Now it appears that maybe the bands are draging on the drum and it bucks when it shifts. If I by chance over tightend the bands what can I do...
  4. Question on transmission band tighting

I have a 99 ranger xlt 3.0, I have read the post on tighting the bands but have some questions. I understand the tighting process tighten to 120 inch pounds but why do you back the adjustment screw out two turns does that not defeat the purpose of tighting the band? Again just a question I have...
  5. Auto Trans shifts hard

I just purchased a 99 ranger xlt 4x4 3.0. I did the maintance changed the fluid and filter no excessive metal in the pan. All u-joints seem fine and tight rear end fluid changed. The trans shifts hard and when you start or stop it and it feels like the suspension clunks forward or rearward. I...
  6. Transmission question

Ok I have a 99 xlt and the trans shifts hard in all gears. I changed the fluid and filter. There are no codes or warning ligths. Also when you take off or stop it feel like the drive train slides forward and when you stop it feels like it slides back. I thought maybe bad u-joints but they do not...
  7. Hey new to the Forum and have a question

I just purchased a 99 XLT 4x4. Here is the issue when it starts it revs and idles at about 1200rpm and it is sluggish when you take off. After driving for a few minuets it seems to settle down and runs fine. I repalced the trany fluid and filter put in new plugs and replaced the non-existant air...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad